Pro's and Con's of ITB/Procharger Setup...

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

RedPhoenix

Once again ideas are going through my brain!

First on my list is my W58 swap... after that I wanted to do my Procharger Fish setup.

In the mean time I have access to a TIG welder that I am learning to use. I was looking at some more sites and figured out that ITB's off the 4age are decently priced ($200 each side).

So if I can fab up something... ITB's in a box manifold being fed by a P1SC Procharger.

What are my benefits? Faster revs.. little more power with this setup? What am I looking at? Worth it?

I once pondered this idea, found an SC on youtube that has an ITB box fed by a vortech (i think) but it's badass. has a fully sealed box that encases the IT's to the floor of the box with a huge plexi-glass window for viewing. I always thought ITB's were great why not force feed those short runners? I figured the lag of the centri would be lessened but never tried! Only major mod needed is a full standalone... I don't think a piggyback could handle the lack of sensors/TB but still very do-able. You have my support!

Here's the vid, hope it helps, and good luck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZwM8P-G38I

Yeah that video inspired this. I think I can get away with a MAP ECU. With the box I can still run a IACV and the TPS will be mounted on 1 of the 2 4age ITB sets.

if your going to box in the itbs there is no reason you would have to go to a piggy back or stand alone. for matts supercharger porposes he will but the itbs have nothing to do with that, a Pro would be to get rid of the lower intake manifold witch seems to be a restricting point for our motors, but itbs arnt the only solution to that, just a remae intake would do that too.

I dont really think 20v itbs would have any real benifit over a nicely made single TB intake.

I respectfully disagree, I feel the lower runner would make huge gains but so would ITB, comes down to preference IMO. Even with lower plenum your still dealing with a single throttle for 8 runners and 2x the runner length. The I.D. on the TB is less than the 8 individuals combined.... it's like having a huge single TB. I'm not dogging the lower plenum idea, I am constructing one as we speak. As for insane flow, procharger feeding 8 throttles w/ half runner length sounds like more flow than 1 throttle for double length. This is purely academic, we need someone to actually do it!

your thinking is flawed, a single tb feeding 8 intake ports does not have to be the same size as the collective size of 8 trottle bodys, the reason for this is becouse not all the ports need air at the same time. rember valves do close meaning that port wont have any demands on the intake system wile it is closed. If intake valves where open all the time you would be correct the single would have to match the collective size of the 8 to match the flow, but this simply is not the case.

Ive had a bit of experance fitting itbs to no itb cars, 16v 4ag's an honda motors, and in all the cases the car didnt make any more power, it just had better throttle responce, and sounded and looked cool.

Also i was drawing on justingt8's testing of the stock lower manifold being a restricting point that can be imporoved

Im not saying dont do itbs. im just stateing a non stock single tb intake can do the same job. Im not at all talking about keeping the stock intake in place, Im also working on a custom intake soltion as well.

For matts car a front faceing intake built around an Accufab or Q45 TB would do a great job.

...in all the cases the car didnt make any more power, it just had better throttle responce, and sounded and looked cool.

The stock intake is definitely not optimized (1990-1997) whereas the 1998-2000 is pretty darn good.

If you want to do this for the experience and "cool" factor by all means go for it. Understand that you will spend much more than you expect and your gains will be primarily throttle response PRESUMING you get it tuned correctly (no easy task)

There are two kinds of cars, ones that look faster than they are and others than are much faster than they look or anyone would expect! If you have gone to the trouble of ITBs... it BETTER be FAST.