My 1uzfe twin turbo finnished!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Any updates on this TT car? Does it still run and run strong? Any latest dyno's? Pro's and con's to the twins?

I recently saw a horsepower TV show where they mounted two twins turbo's on the rear of a new standard Vette...Sounded like a jet, ran fantastic, hidden from view.....Made 550whp...Can anyone explain the pro's and con's of mounting turbo's under and behind the car?

Is there more lag time when mounting farther away from the motor?

Will exposing the turbo's to the ground elements create problems over time?

Running and connecting oil and intercooling lines the biggest hassle?

Million questions...ooooops....

i seen a guy displaying at summernats selling commodore rear mounted turbo kits trying to convince people that it spools faster because there is no backpressure behind the turbo. he didnt mention the mile of intake tube that is needed to take air up to the front of the car. i feel sorry for any fool that buys his product.
the rest of the show was great tho, especially the best lada niva in the world.

actually, 340i, the rear mounted turbo setups run quite well..I have one on my 4.7 tundra....haven't got afr tuned yet, but initial impressions are very good. Company called Squires Turbo Systems (STS) sells rear mounted turbo kits here in the states...there are a bunch of them installed and haven't heard anything but good things yet....

Wayne

Absolutely awewsome project and success...860 HP at 16 psi, My hat's off to you Maajola. It is exciting to see the numbers on the 1UZ's really happening, and in a big way...

Bob, I wonder if you had done a bigger port, what might your numbers look like? It would be interesting. I know that porting aznd polishing the heads is important for increased flow, but I have been studying up on this just a little, and velocity is also very important. If we port too big, then things get sluggish due to a loss in velocity. What I do not know, is the contrast betweent this in a NA car, and a FI car. I would think the FI can take a bigger port, but how much, is my question? Anybody out there know much about this subject?

BTW, Lextreme, looks like you may be pulling higher numbers soon due to your change in EM...Isn't the new unit the same?

One more note, I had the machine shop do a mild port and polish on both the intake and exhaust ports on my new motor...We will see what happens.

Ryan

Hi maajola, nice setup you have there, :) how long did it take to get the pistons and rods made..............all so if its ok to ask you, how much did you pay for them?

Great to hear that you like it!

Here are some spec.

CP pistons (custom)
Arrow rods (custom)
Custom cams
Custom valvesprings
Arrow lifter buckets (custom)
Heads ported
Twin ITS 61mm turbos
Twin HKS GT2 (50mm) wastegates
Tial Blow offs
Custom made intake (home made)
Custom made exhaust manifold (home made)
Delfi 96lb injectors
Autronic SM4 ECU

Here is a link to my webpage. http://www.ultimatestreet.com/

And here is a small movie from dyno.

http://people.su.se/~jowi3244/misc/maajola_gtr_dyno.avi

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but he hasn't been active since:

Last Activity: 11-09-2006 04:54 AM

I imagine that e-mailing him might be best means of contact.

Majoola sold the Ultima.

pistonheads forum rumour was, it was to quick to drive on the streets with other people around. the thing did 0-200+mph in 19 seconds flat.
just looking at the Go pedal would result in suddenly facing in the oposite direction you where supposed to drive.

as one can imagine with that sorts of power in an Ultima GTR, considering the factory demo GTR680 (stands for 680hp "american speed" chevy motor) broke just about every world record there was to break, including F50 and Mclaren F1 records....

Goes to show that after some point, getting the power down isn't the best option in some cases.

that chassis and car is a WHOLE different ballgame than putting 1K hp in a heavy lexus.

ps: ultima and holeshot has put together a "Turbo hayabusa" Twin engined 4wd GTR for a spannish custumour both engines run a healthy 550hp and a 9500rpm redline on the 6 speed sequentials...... brrrrr that should come out to 100kg lighter than majoola's.

grtz Thomas