My 1uzfe twin turbo finnished!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Im using a Porsche G64 transaxle from a 993 turbo.

bango said:
Very crispy sounds.. What a beauty...now i know what 900+ HP sounds like,what gearbox are u running or going to use behind that unit?

The video says 1.1 bar. If that's accurate, it's astounding. My hats off...

Eric

1.10 Bar and got 960 hp? 1.10 bar is about 16 psi or so and its hard to believe that amount of boost could bring the hp up to 960. I think Bob boost 16 psi and got about 5xx rwhp.

maajola said:
It is 960hp @ about 23 psi. It made 820hp @ 16 psi.
at 18psi I made 510 at the wheels. I know it's not the same measurement, but thats awesome!!!
I do have a light port on my heads, but it was more to clean up the casting marks, then to open, or change the runner shape.

Driving that car has got to be a BLAST!!!
It's beautiful by the way.
congrats

bobs hp was at the wheels-thru the automatic transmission.. they usually eat between 20-25% of your hp.. thats why manual cars can get better numbers on the dyno..
i believe maajola was using an engine dyno- but i could be wrong.. either way,, all of these number are consistant.. it all shows that these engines can make good power..
hopefully there durability will prove itself over time..
im pretty sure it will..
after 20 "Runs/pulls" on the dyno,, i would have loved to pull the engine apart to see whats going on-check everything..

rdm20fan said:
at 18psi I made 510 at the wheels.
From Chrisman's post assuming 25% or even at 35% drivetrain lost would bring Bob's dyno to 688 bhp. Its still little away from Maajola's dyno. It made 820hp @ 16 psi.

To conclude:

Bob's 688 bhp@18 psi
Maajola's 820 bhp@16 psi

That is some good tuning you have there Maajola.

Lex, 35% is a stretch, most won't even buy 25%, but we can get away with 25% on an automatic b/c these are lexus vehicles which supposedly have large drivtrain losses, but most of the world would consider 20% on an auto the standard. So 20% would be 612hp flywheel and 25% would be 637hp flywheel, not bad? rdm20fan, didn't know you did a mild port, this may have helped you out quite abit after looking at stock 1uz head flow.

Lextreme said:
From Chrisman's post assuming 25% or even at 35% drivetrain lost would bring Bob's dyno to 688 bhp. Its still little away from Maajola's dyno. It made 820hp @ 16 psi.

To conclude:

Bob's 688 bhp@18 psi
Maajola's 820 bhp@16 psi

That is some good tuning you have there Maajola.

Well, my plan was 1k. But we I some small problems, thats why I stoped at this point. I will break the 1000hp limit later on when I get some more time and money.

Lextreme said:
WOW absolutely drooling.... 960 bhp@23 psi. That is Phantastic! I would give it couple of psi you will see 1k.

I did about 20 900hp + runs and alot more on 16psi (820hp). We used a total of 150 liters of fuel so the engine was running quite hard during these days. As soon as I got home I took everything apart. The pistons and everything was like "new". I will now put the engine back together and run it in the car this summer. Then after the summer I will do a few modifications and take it back to the dyno.

I dont want to do another dyno running right now. It is realy expensive over here. So I have to live thru this summer with "only" 960hp (961,4 to be precis)

I guess my 1000kg car will be quick enough =)

chrisman said:
bobs hp was at the wheels-thru the automatic transmission.. they usually eat between 20-25% of your hp.. thats why manual cars can get better numbers on the dyno..
i believe maajola was using an engine dyno- but i could be wrong.. either way,, all of these number are consistant.. it all shows that these engines can make good power..
hopefully there durability will prove itself over time..
im pretty sure it will..
after 20 "Runs/pulls" on the dyno,, i would have loved to pull the engine apart to see whats going on-check everything..

Yeah, i don't think i was anywhere near the 860 number. I think close to 600 at the crank is a good estimate.
It's awesome to hear the HP#'s and the # of pulls you did on that motor.

Lextreme said:
1.10 Bar and got 960 hp? 1.10 bar is about 16 psi or so and its hard to believe that amount of boost could bring the hp up to 960. I think Bob boost 16 psi and got about 5xx rwhp.
1st of all, those are really nice numbers, congrats for your project!

Lextreme, you must not forget that he might have "low" boost, but he has 7500-8000RPM, what the stock engine does not have.

Move the torque curve from 4000 to 7000RPM and the HP will jump with a dynamite in the butt.

Spooled 7M-GTE said:
1st of all, those are really nice numbers, congrats for your project!

Lextreme, you must not forget that he might have "low" boost, but he has 7500-8000RPM, what the stock engine does not have.

Move the torque curve from 4000 to 7000RPM and the HP will jump with a dynamite in the butt.

Is Bob running the same size turbos as Maajola? One thing to remember is that bigger turbos will push more air at the same boost because they are more efficient. 18psi through a ct26 turbo is much different than 18psi through a T78. If Bob's turbos are smaller (I don't know of your setup Bob so you'll have to fill me in), that would make up the difference in horsepower. At 18psi, you might have 10-15 lbs of air (for example), while on the T78, you might have 50-60 lbs of air. Lbs of air + lbs of fuel to match = horsepower (to be simplistic). Doesn't have a lot to do with psi. We use psi because it's very easy to measure rather than the volume of air that goes into the engine.

Also, to get a little more technical, the "psi" number is the pressure of the air that DOESN'T get into the engine. Take two of the exact same turbos, put them on engines identical in every way EXCEPT some headwork. The one without the headwork may read 18psi, but push the same amount of air through the ported head and it will read more like 13-15psi (for example). All that will depend on how the port work was done and how smooth the airflow is, of course, and there are other variables to consider, but that is the basic concept of it. (Maximum Boost, by Corky Bell. Buy it. Ready it 10 times. Love it.)

Now, I'm not the expert on this, but this is based on my research. If I've said something incorrectly, please let me know!

If I haven't said this already Maajola, awesome work on your project. Definitely LEXTREME!

*edited for some correctness*