M112 Supercharger Fitment

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
It will be sweet when when its done Dave.
Was talking to one of the fathers at my sons basketball trials om Sunday, he has just taken his 112 off of his Ford OHC V8 and fitted a Whipple. He has a rebuilt low comp motor and is boosting to 17 lbs, 360 kw at the wheels.
His biggest problem is diff half shafts, he keeps destroying CV joints.
Too much torque. He is pricing up some billet ones, hoping that will solve his problem, and to stop doing burnouts for magazine shoots.

pwd, if you don't mind me asking, how much is your whipple kit and associated pieces from Andrew? What sort of power are you hoping to make?

From what I understand the whipple should be able to take 30lbs/psi, so by this point I should be able to hit enough power to make 500bhp at the wheels?

The kit from Andrew will set you back about $7,500 aus, depending on exchange rates.

I will only be starting with 6lb of boost, then upgrading to 10-12 lbs next year some time.

Power that I make is unknown, I will just have to wait and see what gains I get, I have a base line to work from, so any improvement is a positive for me.

On a purpose built motor you would have no problems going 25 lbs plus.

Andrew is a wealth of information, you should contact him.

I contacted Mr Supercharger but that isn't the same as Richwood is it?

Basically I just want to run it on an entirely stock internals pre-95 engine (excluding the injectors, etc) at the most the supercharger can sensibly take and just wait till it pops which I am pretty certain it will.

The engines are cheap to replace, it shouldn't do any damage to the supercharger and associated bits if I throw a rod or two :D

as is the case with the M45's from the min cooper S, they all go out for JCW items,

David if that's you're own mill your a very happy men methinks!
on thing though isn't the spindle speed a little low?

Grtz Thomas

whipple's are bigger and can spin a little faster than almost any eaton iirc,
compared to some newer centrifugals all positive displacement style seem a little inefficient. but cost effective is a whole different story.

I have not seen anyone run an M112 upto 14Krpm with good intercooling, so who knows what's possible with this unit? they always say the outlet temp goes skyhigh which it probably does, but I haven't seen anyone upgrade their intercooler aswell, which is one of the first thing people tend to upgrade in a turbo set-up......... so why not here?
they solve the temp problem with a different SC, but isn;t that also what your IC has to do?

Minisport for instance sell the John cooper kits, those sell a lot cause BMW still does it's waranty on that kit, but if you just upgrade the pulley of the original m45 with a non JCW item, the factory waranty is not there anymore, but that doesn't mean the original m45's aren't good for power.... 260hp from 1600cc's anyone?

that also might be the case with the m112's as long as everybody upgrades to a whipple...... well you know if one sheep goes the rest will follow.
but don't tell them where would we then get these dirt cheap SC's from? hihi

grtz Thomas
(ps sorry for being el cheapo again)

Its all have to do with budget. I dont want to spend too much money on this. So I got an almost free M112 and play with it. Secondly, I am not looking for 500 hp. I am looking at around 6 psi and I am done with it. So for my application, M112 is perfect. 500 hp? I have seen many 4.6 2003 Mustang Cobra with it.

I would love to have a Whipple, but it just logical for my application.

I contacted Mr Supercharger but that isn't the same as Richwood is it?

Basically I just want to run it on an entirely stock internals pre-95 engine (excluding the injectors, etc) at the most the supercharger can sensibly take and just wait till it pops which I am pretty certain it will.

The engines are cheap to replace, it shouldn't do any damage to the supercharger and associated bits if I throw a rod or two :D

Mr Supercharger is an agent for Richwood, so you should be right with him.

Coming along nicely David,

True although the more a read the more it seems how inefficient roots blowers can be Vs. twin screw and I just doubt that an M112 could hit 500rwhp :(
Here is an example of 500 hp in a Cobra.
dyno11.jpg

Here is another 2003 Cobra Dyno with some heads work.
03_cobra_Harris_Racing_Port_28_upper.jpg

That will be hard but not impossible,

look at the graph of the cobra, the run stops at 5500rpm and the 1uz will do a fair bit more than that so power should rise in the same line if torque keeps being there, also the artical says nothing about intercooling (probably stock which isn't near adaquate in these installs), and at full spin the M112 tends to get eurrhmmm..... VERY hot.

where there's a will there's a way, otherwise fit twin M62's

Grtz Thomas

And Rotrex is emperror in that case. about 1/5th the weight even more top end and very very efficient. if moneys not an issue...

grtz Thomas