4Runner with 1UZ and M112 supercharger

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Put in some 315cc injectors last night, still not big enough. Unless I can find some high imp 440's, I will have to wire in a couple resistor boxes.

How much boost you running. The 1uz-M112 we did was running 440 supra/MR2 injectors and had heaps of duration left with 10psi.

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_1033.JPG
    IMG_1033.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_1034.JPG
    IMG_1034.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_1035.JPG
    IMG_1035.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_1036.JPG
    IMG_1036.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 141
What size pulley you running to get 10psi? I only get about 6psi, but I am at 4500 feet elevation.

What did you use for fuel management. I am pretty sure I have maxed out the 315's at 6psi. I am running right around 13-14, at the max I can set the safc. I am running the SC pump as well, previous to that, it wouldn't stay below 15 at even half throttle. Seems like 440's with resistors will be required to run more boost.

Sorry cant remember pully size now , we built that one a couple of years ago. We have another ute we tune which is running about 14psi from a 112 which I can ask the owner what size pully he has. Both of them are running link management. The second ute had the 315cc injectors in it that maxed out so we swapped in some 440s and got another 20rwkw. We fitted the 315s into a M90 powered vehicle. Only aiming for 10psi from that vehicle. Cheers

Mazda 460's high impedance will go straight in and should do the trick.
http://www.lextreme.com/rx7injectors.html

I see you have an itercooler as well, cooler air will register lower boost.

I reckon you would get less than 10km driving that in Perth without getting stopped by the police.

Looks great though.

Great, I will try to find some mazda injectors.

I have been behind, beside, in-front and in passing many cops in the past few days, at least 3 of them parked on back-roads looking for speeders. They sure give me a pretty good luck, but I have yet to be bothered, but I am sure it is just a matter of time:D.

10psi from an M90? Not with a 5.5" crank pulley. Max I got out of my M90 was about 6 on cooler days with a 2.4" charger pulley. The parasitic loss from that is pretty severe, especially since I revved the motor to 8K

ok thats interesting ,
we used the blower from the " ford svt " , never touched the pulley ,
have no idea what the size it is
we did not hook the actuator up, trying to get maximum boost,
org running the m90 we had almost 5 psi,
changing to the m112 and a 90mm throttle body boost jumped to 10psi
org i did not think it would be that much ,
i'm going off what the dyno computer told us along with the linkplus ecu
power increased from 245kws to 305kws , totally unexpected

Last edited by a moderator:
no way that is a stock pulley. Cobra came with a 3.6" pulley, lighting came with a few variants around 3.1.

You are at lower elevation wich would make a difference by at least 1psi but still, but there 3psi differences...hmm, makes me wonder. I could have some slipping, but from the looks of it, I have more surface area coverage on my pulley, so if anything you would get slipping before I would.

Are your ports radiused? Got a pic inside your manifold? That could easily be a PSI difference. I should go get the runner dyno'ed.

sorry i don't have a picture in this computer,

what we did was get the org manifold lower half , put sides around the outside runners level with the top, then inside i carved / ground the runners away so we had like a open box with very short runners that were curved hard out with a die grinder , i spent so many hours grinding i could not believe how much alloy we took out, it looked so good , but nobody sees it
the heads were cc'd and decompressed, we did that with the m90 on there
we actually lost 1 psi from doing that mission
maybe nz temps are alot lower and the air is denser
in summer you would be lucky to hit 30

sorry the heads have been ported, not by me
i would assume they have been radiused,
interesting about the pulley, i assumed it was standard
did not know , they came out diff sizes
i was looking at getting a smaller one on there at some stage
that would increase boost temp's ,
we had a lot of problems with overheating, got it sorted now
those blowers run a very high intake temps
are you having overheating problems ?

Yeah, if you could, measure your pulley(top of ribs).

I run way cool, but i run a nice MKIV fluidine radiator. Runs super duper cool.

So you haven't seen the inside of your intake manifold to know if they are radiused?

Head porting and cams would lower your PSI, so the fact that you are running up to 11psi is even more confusing.