M112 Supercharger Fitment

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
There are techniques on welding where distortion will be minimum. From the plate I got there is no way it would fit the M112. There will be over half of the mounting holes will be cover by the supercharger.

Striker,

I found a place that carry specific pulley for M112 with 6 ribs.

Here is a picture of the over hang of the M112.
Lexus-Supercharger%20003.jpg

Here are two pictures of the extra injectors:
Lexus-Supercharger%20007.jpg
Lexus-Supercharger%20005.jpg

Are there any issues injecting fuel pre-charger?
Any long term damage to the charger itself?
Is there no place to inject post charger? Don't suppose there is really....

Nice info and pictures here. Very informative.

From the plate I got there is no way it would fit the M112. There will be over half of the mounting holes will be cover by the supercharger.

Here is a picture of the over hang of the M112.
Lexus-Supercharger%20003.jpg

David, your overhang looks very similar to what I found when I test fit mine: http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showpost.php?p=55283&postcount=5

These M112 Cobra chargers are really big, although Andrew at Richwood says he now has an adaptor plate for them....

John,

I was going to pm you regarding this. Perhaps Andrew have a different plate, but what I have would be impossible to fit. I think welding the over hang would be the only answer... I am sending u a pm.

david

112 Fitment & General

Hi Dave and all lex members,

Sorry for the long absense, I'll try to answer everyones woes where I can.

MightyAl, Mr Supercharger is still in business , Craig can supply various supercharger applications, he does sell our product and can answer most questions.

Cobber, the mounting plates for all Richwood , Autorotor, Opcon, Whipple, Eaton, and GM 471 thru 1071 superchargers can still be purchased direct from us, we made these for other parties mentioned in your post, not any more, all Richwood products can be purchased from authorized agents such as
Rush Imports, Dave@ Lex, Mr Supercharger and Lew's Performance.
That bug catcher and set-up is mine, its sitting here in the shop, let me know and I'll send it over, it hides the throttle plates inside, looks the treat on Cobras and rods.

Dave (lex) The Cobra supercharger is 10mm higher than the M90 GM and almost 20mm over the m90 T-bird, its 70mm longer than the 112 lightning, we do have an adaptor plate that fits your application, you need a slap for not sending me an email or PM, we even made the adaptor for the throttle body that has provision for water injection, this fitment will come close to the hood, you may need a bump. the standard 6 rib drive location can be maintained, upgrade with our 8 rib replacement set-up, supercharger drive pulleys are also available.

Cuh8er, injecting any fuel or boost agent into the supercharger is always questionable, some have done this, I've also had the results cross my bench ( normally in peices) the seals in most superchargers will not handle the fuel or boost agent, we do rebuild superchargers to handle fuel, replace the standard seals with specials.

Lex,Cribj,Zuffen, You will have to guide me on starting a post dedicated to supercharger fitments, sizes, boost and general, I know there was a post on the group buy that listed all Lex products we made, can we cross post until the web-site is back up.?

If any members have any questions about supercharging, feel free to send me an email or PM.

Cheers
Andrew

Welcome back Andrew and your knowledge on all these things is worth more than it's weight in gold. There should be no reason to re invent any wheels by the sounds of it and no need to re engineer anything.

I have a spare fibreglass bonnet for the cobra and I can visualise that bug catcher sticking out the top of it as I am typing. I will give you a call :).

I have also thought about adding fuel / water pre supercharger but I don't think the Eatons have any seals on the needle roller bearings so the grease would get washed out real quick, I have just stayed with low boost for now.

Andrew, good to see you back - I knew you still luv'd us... Been busy lately?

How about a pic or two of your M112 plate, or better yet, a pic of one of these Cobra M112's sitting on top of a 1UZ with your manifold and adaptor plate?

These M112's are hot items over here because they're so cheap, so a few more details about how to adapt them to your manifold would really help.

Thanks for posting up Andrew. I just wanted to say that I have dealt with both Rush and Lew. They both have excellent customer service and I bought many 1jz parts from them. Good to know they rep your products too. I am still on the fence whether I am going centrifugal or screw so we shall see.

Andrew,

Where Have you been? I sent an email few weeks ago but you didn't answer. Anyway, I would be interested in the top plate. However, I wonder if it would clear the LS400 or SC400 hood with M112 without machining it. My brother and I spent 3 hours last night doing autocad for the adaptor plate. I found out that the Cobra elbow is too wide and it might not clear the firewall. So, I am making a plate that will adapt the M112 with a 3" 90 degree elbow along with another plate that will mate with 1UZFE TB.

These two plates and I am not you have that or not but be very useful for us in the US. If you have any picture of the top plate would greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I just want to say Hi to everyone,and also would like to praise Andrew for all the help he has been to me with my supercharger kit.

Andrew is supplying a 2.3 litre Whipple for me, although I will only be going low boost[6-8lbs] to start with,we have talked about improvements that can be made later on.

I pick the kit up next week and will start a new thread when I get it and Lew and I fit it, at the moment my Soarer is in the paint shop getting a respray, here is where we are up to.

View attachment 5976

View attachment 5977

View attachment 5978

Nice work... you have a good team behind you. Andrew and Lew are the two top people in this community. Please keep us updated.....

As for me, I just dropped off my M112 for milling and plates ordered. We will see by next week.

Dave;
Just got my crank back for the 1uz build up.
the ross pistons are slightly lighter now
and the "H" beam rods as well
the crack has been all ground back and nitrided .
some more weight had to be added to the crank to counter balance the rods and pistons.
stainless exhaust valves have been fitted and the heads all ported.
adjustable cam gears and heavier valve springs are next.
then the plan is a 3.3lt intercooled whipple and will all be fitted under the bonnet of an Aristo GS300 (which should have arrived from Japan today)
well thats the plan any way.

Hey Marlew,

Welcome.. looks like its going to be an awesome setup. I can not wait. Currently the Whipple is way out of my budget. I am so jealous.....

Zuffen.
well mate it all starts like this
I GOT NO BLOODY IDEA MATE.hehehehehe
i left it up to the experts
the guys i sent it to build Mopar race engines
so i recon thay have half an idea on what thay are doing.
all i know is after machining the crank and rods thay were still to heavy for the counter weight on the crank
so there was some weight added.
bottom end will be getting assembled next week some time

Dave;
GLOVES mate whats the go there ???????????
real mechanics get there hands dirty mate.hahahahahhahahah

I just received this billet pulley from a place specialized on Cobras and Lightnings. Billetflow makes special 6 ribs pulley for the M112. The M112 was orginally came with 8 ribs. This would bolt right up.

They carry many different sizes and its a modular system so I can change the pulley without changing the ring. The M112 pulley is a press fit so I would need a specialized pulley puller.

I paid $120 for this 3.90" silver pulley. Here are some pictures.

Thats one sexy pulley and I love the idea of being able to change the pulley (outer) with ease.

As to what 'quadcam boat' said, does anyone have a photo of the intercooler that fits inside the manifolds.

Cheers, Kevin

Here is the plate we made and just cutted by a water jet. Its one of the two adaptors for the M112 and 1uzfe TB. This one is the M112 plate with 3" opening.