Lsd ?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Why did lexus not equip the car (SC400) with a stock LSD ???

is it because there is a traction control to do the job instead of a LSD?

I have a 89 Mark 3 turbo supra LSD (manual trans) could i swap something to the SC to have a Limited slip unit? Downside is that it's not the same gearing, but i might be able to exchange it with someone who as an automatic turbo supra LSD (wich is also 3.9 if i remember well)

having the manual supra gear would be nice for highway since the car revs a lot at 140km/h (3000RPM) but i'd lost a lot of acceleration :(

This car defenetly needs a 2nd overdrive. But anyway, the main question is WHY and CAN

I could also swap my Black MX-83 LSD and put the supra one on it, since this car only do highway. MX-83 has a 3.9 LSD unit from factory in canada.

thx.

Why? Probably because the SC4 is not a true performance car and more built for luxury...Just notice the stock torque converter, not in a million years can you get that one wheel to spin out off the line...Supra's are all sportscar and come powerful enough at factory where an LSD is actually needed for traction...That is my quess,,,

If you have an SC400 the only LSD that will work in the swap and match the gearing is a 1993 + Supra TT automatic....I have never heard of a pre 93 working out...Are the pumkins even the same, I don't think so....Good luck...

I am running a 1993 Supra tt automatic LSD on my 1992 SC400 for over a year and it is a perfect match and I can't say one bad thing about it..

Not easy but doable.. I found mine rather easy at a local junkyard in Los Angeles, Ca... I hear you can usually find one for sale on the Supra forums....Good luck...

Attachments

• HPIM0167.JPG
    HPIM0167.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 1
  • HPIM0169.JPG
    HPIM0169.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 2
  • HPIM0173.JPG
    HPIM0173.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 1
  • HPIM0172.JPG
    HPIM0172.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 3
I think the LSD is great if you live in bad weatheR FOR EXAMPLE - driving around on icey or wet roads it is safer when traction is so important, even during normal driving conditions... How about if your stopped on a steep hill that is wet, snowy, or even slightly sandy, the LSD is key to get the car moving...Where as with the stock differential you may just sit there spinning one wheel or worse spin and slide.....I think All and all the LSD is a good choice even if you don't have tons of powers.. Trac control is over rated because it still operates with the open end differential..

for the power that an sc400 comes with stock, woudlnt an lsd be a sig. upgrade? thats wat i want my first mod to be....mainly cus i want to work wit wat i got first, THEN start goin all out...wat does n e one think bout that?...just wondering i guess, i find it rational.

You need to get out and push to get these SC's moving from a dead stop...If your car is stock and you don't drive in winter condition there is no need for an LSD...

Your first mod should be a Torque Converter....

jibbby said:
You need to get out and push to get these SC's moving from a dead stop...If your car is stock and you don't drive in winter condition there is no need for an LSD...

Your first mod should be a Torque Converter....
answer me dude, so i'll finally know what is going on.

Is it slow only for the 1st 40km/h, or is it slow for all the 1st gear??

am I the only one who has a car that pulls more on 2nd gear than 1st gear?

Can someone also tell me what is the stall speed of a A-341E stock T/C, I'll try to find the stall speed of a A-340E on cressida forums.

so the T/C will give it more push from a dead stop?

wat bout get T/C and THEN the lsd?

is that car really that much of a pig?

no, i dont have one yet, im debatin the year to get, rite now its a toss between 92-95

Ok fella's listen up.... The stock lexus/Soarer torque converter has a rediculously weak stall rate made for old people who don't want to spill coffee on their laps......An upgraded torque converter like a "Dragon Torque Converter" which I have been running for about a year now allows you to burn rubber from a dead stop..Turns your luxury lexus into a real Sports Coupe....Like I said a new torque converter should be your first mod to wake up your SC....

Don't know the stall rate, forgot...

First gear has power once the rpm's get up to about 2000rpm....However, from a dead stop all the sc400's at stock are slugs out of the blocks and are a joke.......Biggest disappointment with owning the SC400's has got to be the Torque Converters....

PS. If you can't afford a new Torque converter you can always try brake torque'n out of the blocks:tongue1:

It will pull after you get up to about 20mph....However from 0-20mph you may have time to take a nap, eat something, listen to a full song, etc..with the stock torque converter.....That is if it is floored......If not :sleeping:

The stock SC4 Kinda feels like a weak 4 banger with a really good turbo, but has serious lag time....That is how I can best desribe the stock SC400's...That is what you should expect to find and feel......Great cars other then that...also try using the ETC button that holds the rpms a little longer before shifting...The stock converter does give you some juice at high rpm's....

Yes, it pulls passed 20MPH, the problem is that the car pulls more in 2nd gear than 1st gear and i don't fuckin know why, I feel a lot more the engine torque in 2nd gear.

how much does it costs for an upgraded T/C ?

i was thinking about a set of headders for this summer but you're making me thinking about a new T/C. Is it still fun and smooth on city driving? what's the stall speed of the upgraded T/C ?

2nd gear is the best gear in the sc's for power...First gear is weak because of the stock torque converter "Do you understand why now" it is that simple.. There is nothing wrong with your SC that is how they are...sorry bud...with an after market TC your 1rst gear becomes king and 2nd gear stays the same pretty much.....Let it be known you will lose a little on the top end like 4th gear but the gains far exceed the loses...

Too Re-work your stock tc maybe will cost you around $400 or so...but you have to send it in and wait...The ".Dragon Torque Converter" runs for about $900 last I checked....Installation $300.... Not cheap my friend...not cheap...

well, it looks like in my budget for a TC reworking and Headders.

If I'd go with the reworked TC, and a set of headders including a new twin 2 1/4 exausth, should i be able to go Low-14 ??? that would be a BIG improvement compared to the stock Low-flat 15 on the 1/4 mile and i'd be very happy for this summer. for the installation, i can do this myself.