Lots of 1uz's

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

gloverman

So Im working away today and a customer asked "do all the cars in your workshop have 1uz's in them". With a quick look around I could point at a HT holden which didnt and a jetboat with a SR20DET. and that was it. All the others had 1uz.

The list was
Hiace van
EX lancer - turbo
RX7 series 4
Hilux LN106
Hilux - Surf chassis , single cab body
HQ holden ute

And my turbo surf was outside

And I have three other motors getting prepared to fit to a L200 4x4 ute and a Supra. Third motor doesnt have a home yet.

Also have a LJ78 landcrusier and another hilux getting a major rebuild with VVti motor but they where in the second workshop.

Attachments

• camera total - july 2010 175.jpg
    camera total - july 2010 175.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 64
  • camera total - july 2010 177.jpg
    camera total - july 2010 177.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 52
Another job

And a few photos of a job I did a few weeks back. I did the customers loom , supplied mounts , fuel pump and various other parts for his job along with plenty of advice. He did a lovely job of fitting but needed a bit of a hand to finish it off. The ute spent 5 hours on a trailer up to me on a Saturday morning. We(customer is a very good mechanic and we worked together) wired a diagnostic plug , replaced faulty air flow meter , fitted different master cylinder and got clutch working , fixed stepper along with a few other bits and pieces and ended the day with a power ran on the dyno.

Funny thing is he was driving home in the middle of the night and needed diesel for the tow ute. No petrol stations were open so the 1uz ute was unloaded off the trailer and the diesel ute loaded onto the trailer and he continued home with the fresh conversion.

Real nice conversion, like they are meant to be. 155Rwkw on standard management. Something to be really proud of.

Attachments

• camera total - july 2010 107.jpg
    camera total - july 2010 107.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 64
  • camera total - july 2010 054.jpg
    camera total - july 2010 054.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 44
  • camera total - july 2010 113.jpg
    camera total - july 2010 113.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 45
  • camera total - july 2010 101.jpg
    camera total - july 2010 101.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 43
And the Celica

This one got a link wired and general sorting like heater hoses , intake manifold on , sump fitted , front suspension spaced to fit , repaired dash cluster , fuel lines, clutch slave and line etc etc. The body had just on 100000km on the clock. It is one tidy TA series celica

Looks really good and will go awesome once its on the road. Needed exhaust and bonnet before it comes back for a dyno tune. I think some brake work might be a good idea too.

( Note the gray van in the background)

Attachments

• camera total - july 2010 076.jpg
    camera total - july 2010 076.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 49
  • camera total - july 2010 079.jpg
    camera total - july 2010 079.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 40
Now for that van

This customer had been after some gilmours for a while so he got his wish. We also did the cambelt, tensioner , bearings etc , fitted heater hoses , new alloy radiator with fan , some suspension work and I improved the wiring. Wiring was a complete mess as you can see from one of the photos. It was 4 wires - two groups of two joined together and a start wire to make it ran before I started, fan on all the time ,fuel pump on a switch. Finished on the dyno 148RWkw on standard management. Really nice to drive , Makes me really miss my van.

Attachments

• camera total - july 2010 083.jpg
    camera total - july 2010 083.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 48
  • camera total - july 2010 082.jpg
    camera total - july 2010 082.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 46
  • camera total - july 2010 164.jpg
    camera total - july 2010 164.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 42
  • camera total - july 2010 165.jpg
    camera total - july 2010 165.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 44
Yet another lux

A work in progress. This one goes really well as it has the 20 series celsior motor in it. Came from 4 hours drive away to get wired and get a general finish off. It also received a manual conversion kit. Next it gets the big wheels and some body work. Came down on a trailer and was driven home.

Attachments

• Exterior LS.JPG
    Exterior LS.JPG
    139.6 KB · Views: 291
  • Exterior-LS2.JPG
    Exterior-LS2.JPG
    144.3 KB · Views: 270
  • Cluster-3.JPG
    Cluster-3.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 271
  • LS400s.JPG
    LS400s.JPG
    144.2 KB · Views: 276
  • camera total - july 2010 096.jpg
    camera total - july 2010 096.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 35
  • camera total - july 2010 097.jpg
    camera total - july 2010 097.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 27
  • camera total - july 2010 099.jpg
    camera total - july 2010 099.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 26
Aah, a true petrol head ! Nice one bud, my old shop here was very similar but with Alfa Romeos. Nice conversions you guys doing as well. Good to see big solid cars for a change and not the little chinese crap we got here now.
Some blokes still have the old Granadas and Fords here but they are few a far between these days.
Its either Beemers or crap with the odd spattering of Alfa`s..
Cheers.

No petrol stations were open so the 1uz ute was unloaded off the trailer and the diesel ute loaded onto the trailer and he continued home with the fresh conversion.

Classic...

It kinda like the time a mate's "petrol" Patrol broke it's gear box, so we towed it home with a Diesel Landcruizer only to have to stop and fill up the Patrol "being towed" so the brakes worked.

Some nice conversions going on there, gotta love a van with a 1UZ

Hello Lex - Ive supplied parts for about 30 vans. Doing one at the moment and have another two to do myself in the next few months. Ill get some photos of that next. Cheers

Dont worry lex - we see them as Previas in NZ. Ive worked on plenty. You would need a big wallet to fit a 1uz in one of them. Better to keep with the supercharged version. Ill get some photos of some vans for you. Have a few to do in the next couple of months. Im starting to feel like a 1uz factory. Cheers

Might I request some pictures of that series 4 rx7. I am currently working on a second generation rx7 1uzfe swap and would like to see how well it fits.

hmm, interesting setup there. I'm going to attempt to use my stock trans with an adaptor plate. We'll see how that goes. The mounts look pretty simple actually about what I figured they would look like. Looks like you got it perched pretty far back. I like that setup. Glad to see it fits under the bonnet well enough. Mine's an s4 turbo btw, already have the stronger drivetrain.

Any suggestions gloverman?
Sorry to jack. i can pm if you prefer.

I think it would be easier to put a Toyota Motor and Box in as all the parts are off the shelf. I recommend a clutch master inside the cabin and apart from that its pretty straight forward. Cheers

hey that all looks familiar :D
one of the s4 rx7's left this week as wel
your missing the big black 4x4 as well ?? of did i miss that in the pics