Larger Injectors

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Cobra

Does anybody have any opinions on whether or not a N/A 1UZ would run OK with 315cc injectors?

Brett

Last edited by a moderator:
Brett,

I see no reason why the computer won't just reduce the pulse width to accomodate the larger fuel flow. It'll do this in closed loop mode.

What happened to the M90?

Hi Rod

I have come to the conclusion that all I want in my Cobra is just a reasonably sedate car that I can drive every know and then on a sunny day.
I want to keep the standard ecu but the car is unreliable with this and the 10psi blower.
If you know of anyone interested in buying the complete bolt on setup then let me know. I am open to offers.

Brett

Attachments

• MS46 front side.jpg
    MS46 front side.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 59
  • derelict 4M.jpg
    derelict 4M.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 4CrownV8.jpg
    4CrownV8.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 52
Last edited by a moderator:
It is suggested that the ECU can compensate for about 15% extra in injector size.
315cc is over 25% extra.
I'd guess that this will run STUPIDLY rich at idle, especially on cold start mornings.

I'd suggest getting aftermarket ecu, or at least piggy back.

The factory ecu is good for a factory motor. Start changing things and you are making many compramises, usually power.

before u go changin things and stuffing up the mixtures all over the shop

do the mods then get the thing dynoed

my std 1uz has perfect mixtures so any changes would either use more fuel or
less performance

i have cold air iductiuon and bigger exhaust

the ecu might compensate at closed loop but that is only till about 3000

on any car that i work on i woul dnever change size of injectors if its runnin std ecu

the ecu is matched to injectors and airflow meter so i cannot see how the ecu will compensate enough to make it worth while