Would I benefit from a larger throttle body?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

kc95sc400

Something I've always wondered.

I have a Vortech supercharger. The outlet of the supercharger is 2.5 inches so I have 2.5 inch pipe run for a bit, then stepped up to 3 inch to fit the stock throttle body. A 3inch inside diameter hose coupling fits snugly over the stock (70mm bore?) throttle body.

Was mostly wondering if an 80mm (or larger) TB would be of any benefit since the outlet of the Vortech and a large section of my piping is only 2.5 inches or roughly 63mm?

There are a few nice looking "universal" units available for reasonable prices that look like they could be made to fit nicely.

Thanks for any input.

KC

KC, if I were you, I'd try to datalog the pressure up & downstream of the TB at WOT. If you see a fair pressure drop, then your top end could probably benefit.

A larger TB will probably also make your tip-in response suffer, and the rest of the driveability could suffer as well, but you won't know 'till you try it.

Thanks for the input cribbj, sounds reasonible.

Probably not really worth the work unless I want to do something with the intake while I'm at it. I would love to flip / improve the upper and improve the lower intakes but I have no fab skills / tools.:mad:

KC

You run the stock TB right? In blow thru (so same as turbo) these cope with 600rwhp. Even in draw thru SC there's one in a BMW making 500rwhp. You might make some small gains but they are a big restriction, and as Cribbj says there's a likely loss in drivability to be had instead.