Porting intake manifold, larger tb vs. itb's

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
For me this is probably one of the most interesting threads on Lextreme, but it seems to have died a death?

Anyone any updates on porting, port matching and short inlet runner experiments?

I'm currently buying 2 Hayabusa TB sets and am doing some measurements and guess work on getting them to fit (need an extra 25 or 30mm between cylinders) and have spoken to the helpful James at Powertec who build the Macro block Hayabusa based V8 for ideas on fabricating an inlet manifold. You have to be aware the 'busa ones fit straight to the head).

I'm not in a rush and funds are tight but I'm interested in other's results as it helps my planning. I can't aford to do things twice so want to get the best done first time around.

I think the most interesting to me is the porting potential as if opening up the ports and especially the aperture, as this will knock onto my inlet faricating.

Cheers
Mark

Attachments

• 1uzfe 001.jpg
    1uzfe 001.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 1uzfe 004.jpg
    1uzfe 004.jpg
    378.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 1uzfe 002.jpg
    1uzfe 002.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 1uzfe 006.jpg
    1uzfe 006.jpg
    321.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 1uzfe 010.jpg
    1uzfe 010.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 1uzfe 012.jpg
    1uzfe 012.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 7
im slowly working on porting my spare heads. ive found that water or oil passages dont seem to be a problem at all. you could mess up and cut out the port floor and end up with nasty hole but thats easy to watch out for as you can very easly see the amount of materal left.

ive also worked out a very super simple flow bench that once i get the heads where i like i will assemble and start testing to get the flow the same on each cyl.