Wanted Kickdown cable!!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Are you sure it's a kick down cable?

I have an early 1UZ-FE and my cable controls the Auto's pressure.

With the cable dissconnect it makes no difference to the gear changes.

Are you sure it's a kick down cable?

I have an early 1UZ-FE and my cable controls the Auto's pressure.

With the cable dissconnect it makes no difference to the gear changes.

its the cable that comes out the side of the gearbox, and gos to the top of engine!! if thats not the kickdown cable? then what is?

Thats what I'm saying, the cable your talking about on my 1UZ is a line pressure cable, Has no effect on gears kicking down at all.

I'm asuming with it dissconnect I'd never see full gearbox pressure tho.

As a test I dissconnect mine from the throttle connection and cable tied it %100 tight, all it did was make the gear box jerk the car a fair bit when I selected drive. (my idle is a little high)

Thats what I'm saying, the cable your talking about on my 1UZ is a line pressure cable, Has no effect on gears kicking down at all.

I'm asuming with it dissconnect I'd never see full gearbox pressure tho.

As a test I dissconnect mine from the throttle connection and cable tied it %100 tight, all it did was make the gear box jerk the car a fair bit when I selected drive. (my idle is a little high)

Hi mate, well im not sure now!! so what one is the kickdown cable ? if thats not it..

Do these cars have kick down cables?

The only thing that changes the gear box kicking down on mine is the sports mode on the ECT

I was sure someone would have chimed in by now and given us an answer as I'm only sure my early 1UZ is this way. I have no Idear about all the other modles

our box has a kickdown "cable" and yes it does determine gear shifts... increasing it's tension icreases the amount of pedal you need to provide to drop a gear. If you loosen it the mainline pressure will allow shifts with less throttle and at a lower MPH. disconnecting it will burn up the clutches from lack of fluid pressure.

You're right Marcus, its a kickdown cable.

There's also an electric kickdown switch fed from the ECU that switches to earth when the throttle is fully opened.

It normally works from a switch beneath the throttle pedal but I've cheated and just put a microswitch mounted on the throttle body thats closed by a redundant lever left over from the cruise control system.

Cheers,

Tony

You're right Marcus, its a kickdown cable.

There's also an electric kickdown switch fed from the ECU that switches to earth when the throttle is fully opened.

It normally works from a switch beneath the throttle pedal but I've cheated and just put a microswitch mounted on the throttle body thats closed by a redundant lever left over from the cruise control system.

Cheers,

Tony
Hi mate, there i was thinking i was going mad!! hhmm would like to see your setup? got any pic,s of it.....also Tonyd, where in the UK are you ?

Hi mate, there i was thinking i was going mad!! hhmm would like to see your setup? got any pic,s of it.....also Tonyd, where in the UK are you ?

Hi Marcus,

I'm in Redditch just south of Birmingham just off the M42.

I'll have a look for some piccies but the Cobra body is now fitted to the chassis so I cant take any atm . Let me see what piccies I've got.

Cheers,

Tony

Here's some piccies showing the route of the kickdown cable.

Its the thin black cable going from the throttle body over the bellhousing and down to the right hand side of the gearbox, looking from the front of the engine.

I do know of a guy who lives London building a Viper replica (in Denmark)with a LS400 he's breaking who is likely to have a kickdown cable.

PM me your details and I'll drop him a line. He would no doubt be very interested in your set up in any event.

Cheers,

Tony

Kickdown cable

Hi Marcus,
Tony got in touch with me and it's possible I may have one lying around. I'm off to Denmark on Wednesday so will let you know Thursday morning.
Cheers,
Peter

its a line pressure cable
as if u adjust it on the throttle body it changes yr shifts
there is a pdf on the net about everything u need to know bout these autos

as someone else said there is no kick down cable on the 1uz

most electronic gboxes dont run a kick down cable
why would they need to when u cna do it electronically
they run a kick down switch labelled kd on ecu diags or they use the throttle voltage signal

but not all 1uzs run a kd wire so go thru yr diagrams and see if u have it
if its not hooked up the auto wont kick down into 1st unles syr going under 20kph if u hook it up it will go into 1st even at around 30 35

anyway u need to pull sump of auto to change this cable