A650E.. can kickdown be adjusted ?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
If you don't like it even with PWR mode on, you may try modifying SP2 sensor signal, so ECU would see lower speed (this is done by some sort of speedometer signal converter). Only make sure not to break the tranny at high speed with too extreme settings

I was playing with a 650 recently in an attempt to remove the speed cut. The signal modifier(speed cut defender) we got didnt work but I did find by dropping the rear speed sensor completely the ECU referenced off the front one and continued to shift the ecu correctly. The ECu only seems to see the front speed sensor in the first two gears unless the rear isnt present. I would have liked more time to experiment. I suspect George's suggestion would work best if the changes where greater in the later gears like our speed cut defender was advertised as doing. Cheers

the ecu compares the two signals, if you fudge it you will get error codes and probably wont go into lockup!

a hi-stall converter may give you the effect your looking for if you go 2700 stall or similar and a heavy duty lockup clutch (a multi plate one would be ideal but rare in Australia :( )

You only have to fool both sensors then, but the trick worked with my A650 (though it only has 1JZ-GE in front of it). btw with only front sensor connected, it didn't seem to use 1st gear

when designing/installing some sort of speed cut defender, bricks under rear axle and a scanner are your best friends. Besides, have anyone tried driving with front sensor disconnected?

I fudged it - no more speed cut , still got lock up. CEL when fudged , goes off when unfudged without turning key off or resetting ecu. Code stored but no ill effects. And no speed cut which was the goal.

Speed cut ?

What is this speed cut ? If it limits speed, what speed is it limited to ?
I tested my '98 LS once to see how fast it went and the speedo needle went to 240kmh.... wasn't real safe thou... the car felt like it was floating all over the road.....
So yeah... can someone give me the run down on how's and why's of the speed cut ? (thanks anyone, as ive never heard of it) :(

our speedos are in Km/h and Ive already removed the cut from the vehicle I was working on. Done , tested and getting used. Cheers

JDM cars of mid-90's and newer will have speed limit set at 180kph. Speed limit for other markets will be different.

Were Aussie cars set the same as JDM? From what I gathered some GM cars that went to Australia from the US were JDM cars and had the 2 sec downshift delay (Cadillac STS) that drives a of people nuts.