IS There a simple way to adjust overspeed cold idling speed 1UZ

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Permit

:hypnotized:

The vehicle is a '90 131 CROWN with the 1UZ motor.

Its normal cold start idle speed is 2,000 RPM. The engine starts so hard it practically wants to leap out of its mounts. It willl run at this engine speed for about 3kms while I pass everything on the road with my foot still on the carpet or on the brake pedal.

I have had two v8 Crowns and a six cylinder of the same era and they all had much the same, way over the top cold idling manners, so it is not a fault.

All are Japanese imports - I believe it can get very cold there - here today it is over 100 degrees F and the car should be nicely warmed up by the end of the driveway or sitting in the garage not running.

It's killing my transmission having to drop it into gear at these revs. .

Is there some basic adjustment for engine idle. . . ??

There's an idle adjustment screw on the throttle body.

You could try backing it off but hthen it may idle too slowly when warm.

How's you idle when warm?

Engine Idle

Rod,

It will settle down to 500 -600 RPM idle when it has about 3 bars of the star wars temp indicator lit up - 4 bars being normal operating temperature.

adjustments are probably not going to calm it enough without wiping out too much from the good hot idling manners that it has now.

What about fooling the ecu that it is dealing with a warm engine ?
I was thinking that maybe the engine sensor to the ecu could be hijacked with a false signal ?

Dave

TPS & Air control metering

Chaps,

Would you let me work on your TPS, or get anywhere near it ?

TPS = Throttle position sensor I guess that is somewhere at the end of the throttle cable isn't it ?

On my FIAT 132 the idle adjustment is controlled by a 4mm screw, turned by a flat blade screwdriver . . . This is the technology that I understand

I'll have a look tomorrow. . .