Introduction

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

SEXY 400

Hello,

My name is Nick, been part of Clublexus for a while. Since I was 18 (now 22) I've been going back and forth between 3000GT VR4 and SC400. I'm on my 2nd SC400 going from 3000GT VR4, SC400, 3000GT VR4 again, and now my current SC400. Bought it from a clublexus member last year. I've always regretted selling the cars I have now so I decided to keep this one and make it into a really slow project to my ideal scene. I'm not sure how to post a pic but I tried anyways lol. Unfortunately, as being a PI I was able to find out that the previous owner basically never maintained the transmission and it went out just recently. So if anyone knows where to get a low milaged transmission for a 1992 SC400 that would be REALLY helpful. Anyways nice to meet all of you, hope I can join you all for meets and meet you in person once I get her up and running again. Cheers! :D

P1000288.jpg

P1000287-1.jpg

Welcome Nick! You have a nice blue clean SC there. It's time to boost it, eh? You can get used low mileage 1UZ or trannies from CNS Motors in S El Monte. The address is 11148 Rush St, S El Monte, CA 91733. Their phone number has been changed that I'm not so sure, but try 626-452-1153.

I think the LS400 tranny is interchangeable with the SC400. Ask Lextreme because I think he knows someone that already swapped it. However, if a used tranny costs more than $600, I can have the tranny completely rebuilt with either hi-performance parts or regular parts for $1000. But you must have the tranny out.

CNS is NO longer sell used engine. They got out of this business and only sell gasket kits, water pump and other aftermarket replacement parts. Is that time for Lextreme Socal Hang out?

Welcome Nick! You have a nice blue clean SC there. It's time to boost it, eh? You can get used low mileage 1UZ or trannies from CNS Motors in S El Monte. The address is 11148 Rush St, S El Monte, CA 91733. Their phone number has been changed that I'm not so sure, but try 626-452-1153.

I think the LS400 tranny is interchangeable with the SC400. Ask Lextreme because I think he knows someone that already swapped it. However, if a used tranny costs more than $600, I can have the tranny completely rebuilt with either hi-performance parts or regular parts for $1000. But you must have the tranny out.

You got a shop that does that? I will definitely boost it but I do use this as a daily driver. As a Private Investigator this car REALLY stands out lol. But people never find out I'm a PI. The quote you gave me is that parts and labor? Or parts and labor with transmission installation?

-Nick

A PI will need to have a fast car to catch up. So a boosted SC is the solution. You can have your investigated party passing a couple of blocks first, then you can still have a cup of coffee and catch up later. :D

Aliga may have some used trannies, but the shipping on that tranny may not be worth it. The quote that I gave you is parts and labor. Basically, you need to have the tranny out and you'll have it back completely built with parts that can hold up to 500 rwhp easily. That doesn't count for the labor to take the tranny out of the car and put it back in. That's the route that I went. It still holds up to the boost that I throw at it.

I didn't know CNS is no longer in business. Damn! They have a lot of clean used engines and trannies inside the warehouse, and not like those dirty junk yards that have rusted engines/trannies outside. What a loss!

I'v been running the A341e from your SC400 in my 1991 ls400 daily driver for 6months now and it works great. Freeway rpm raised up 200rpm only, no noticeable mpg change. You need to swap speed sensors to keep the ECU from throwing a CEL and to be honest i'v been too lazy to care and I just live with the code. Colorado has no smog requirements so it really doesnt matter for me :). All plugs line up exactly the same. Your car will feel real sluggish off the line with an LS trans, the gears are just to sedate for an SC. On the plus side, if your just cruising in it you'll pick up a couple mpg and it will chill at 1800rpm at 70mph.

I tried locating a used A341e for my other 91 LS last year with no luck. There are simply no low-mile units around. Best i could find was a 150,000 unit. Since the 341e is 20 years old it's rare to find a 100,000mile and under. Talk to steve, he rebuilt his with stronger parts and after my 3 week hunt for a solution, a rebuild is the most cost effective route. Nice SC btw.

Last edited: