Quick Introduction

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

WTF0v3r

Hey all,
I am here to check out the forums and learn as much as I can about the 1UZFE platform. My intent is to use it in an offroad buggy. I know nothing about the 1U other than what I have read here, but I have been building engines and working on cars my whole life so nothing that I have seen yet about these engines is foreign to me. Some of my previous projects include a Procharged LS2 FC RX7 (still own), and a 4 seat dune buggy powered by a Chevy Ecotec. (which I also still own). I am looking to build a faster buggy in the future, and the 1UZ seems to tick most, if not all of the check boxes as a powerplant for it.
I am trying to figure out which generation of the 1UZ I should get. The VVTI engine sounds the most appealing, as most early models have well over 100-150k miles by now. My biggest concern is getting an aftermarket ECM to function with VVTi, namely Megasquirt, as I have experience with that platform. So i am going to be reading threads and posting questions. Please feel free to chime in if you can help.
Thanks,
Jason