intercooling the richwood manifold

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I'm not the best at googling but this is all I could find:

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=94732

I have a goal to hit at least 500bhp at the *wheels* with a 1UZ in a kit car (will be running through a TKO600 with a LinkPlus G3, larger injectors, bigger fuel pump, better exhausts etc).

But I am having defficulty working out the usual drivetrain loses and what is needed at the crank and thus what size supercharger/pulleys I need. I want to go Whipple but I don't know what the calculations are required to work out if I need the W140AX or the W200AX.

I figure the intercooled manifold would be sensible if not just for safety but also possibly for a little more power.

I also would like the car to be purely run off LPG, but thats a whole other story.

The M122 is larger than the 112's, I'm not sure if that was a typo on andrew's part, or what but I thought the 122 was on the GT40, and some of the new GM stuff (ZR1, new caddy ect).

name suggest that they're 10 cubinc inch larger in diameter.....

but not sure about that, you can measure up the length of the impellors to get the awnser. the shape of them is the same only the length should differ in various versions.

grtz Thomas

This in manifold air over water cooler is what I am going with on my project. I have explered a lot of options and this seems the most logical. I am still working out the details on my system that feeds it.

haha striker, yes i agree with you, i didnt realize there figures where so high, i agree 1500 is way optomistinc as well, i would say maybe 600-700 max and it starts having issues. so about half of what that website says.

I realize that this is a somewhat old thread, but I have one comment to make that is seems no one thought about....

1500hp in not that optomistic for that exchanger... Like the site says, "depending on your intercooler setup, it can support 1500hp." What they left out and should not have is this would also depend on your engine size even more so then you IC setup.

Example here is a Chevy 502cid big block that is well tuned and setup correctly would make 1500 crank hp at about 18psi and 8000rpm and with a good set off effiecent turbo, this wouldn't make to much heat.
Now a 350cid small block would take nearly 40psi to produce that same 1500hp at 8000rpm... even with good effiecent turbo's thats still a hell of a lot more heat....

So yeah 1500hp is feasable with that heat exchanger, just have to look at the overall big picture here... Remember, ICs and heat exchangers dont know or worry about HP, they only are deal with the heat is the system and two totally different setup can make totally different HP number but still have the same amount of heat or totally differnt amount of heat.....