Intercooler options for 1998-2000 LS400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

noctisls

Hi,

I'm currently supercharging my 2000 LS400 and following the book with an ELATE manifold and an Eaton M112 blower. I'm using the intercooled manifold from ELATE and I was wondering how much space the 98+ model LS's have in the front for a heat exchanger. Does anyone have experience with the ELATE universal heat exchanger? and if there's any options that I can purchase off eBay, etc.

Best regards.

You could reach out to guys at Bullet Cars. They make their own low profile intake and intercooler to suit. They might be able to offer some advise and ideas as they have done a few LS's.... so they say. I run one of their intake manifolds, no intercooler with a TVS2300 on top. I use water spray (snow system) to help bring down high IAT. Seems to do the job ok. I went from an M112, to M122, now a TVS2300. The old Eatons are just heat pumps.... but the Harrop is only just a little better. I also looked at fitting the Bullet intercooler but found the plumbing to be too difficult to route. The intercooler heat exchanger must sit out front and requires a pump to circulate the coolant. Another gismo that needs power. Under bonnect temps and engine heat soak also play a big part in raising the IAT as that chunk of aluminium absorbs the under bonnect temp. A big hole in the bonnet allowing cooler air over the blower casing will help too. This is where you need extra sensors and ECU logs to work out what's working and what's not. There are many other little mods you'll need to look into once you go blown.
Next step for you will be valve springs and cams I guess.
Good luck