I'm the 1st to post in the uk section!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
There is some brits then :)

There doesn't seem many 1uz V8 people around everyone just bangs on about the LS engines :(

Last edited:
uz going into a nissan 200sx s14 I'm the 2nd or 3rd in the uk to attempted it I don't think there is one currently running(well that i know of).

Just started getting parts still a bit un sure of how to get the power out of the uz so many conflicting threads.

Hmmm, im intrigued, ive got an S14 on the driveway, and a 1UZ in the garage. The remainder of my kit should be arriving this week and i plan to have the car in e road in time to drive to LeMans in June.

What are the other cars youve seen/heard of over here? So fr as i know theres only been 1 other so far and that was a 13. He then broke that car and it went into another 13. I dont think there are any 14's over here.

Be interested to chat to you and see how youre getting on and how you are getting around certain issues. My main problem is jst an ecu pinout, dont want to figure ot the wiring the hard way, and cant find a diagram for the chassis plug on the engine loom that supplies the power to the coils.

Hmmm, im intrigued, ive got an S14 on the driveway, and a 1UZ in the garage. The remainder of my kit should be arriving this week and i plan to have the car in e road in time to drive to LeMans in June.

What are the other cars youve seen/heard of over here? So fr as i know theres only been 1 other so far and that was a 13. He then broke that car and it went into another 13. I dont think there are any 14's over here.

Be interested to chat to you and see how youre getting on and how you are getting around certain issues. My main problem is jst an ecu pinout, dont want to figure ot the wiring the hard way, and cant find a diagram for the chassis plug on the engine loom that supplies the power to the coils.

Yeah i'm following your build thread on sxoc and the bad reception it got due to it not been a ls or sr with a 2871 :D Its good people think that as it keeps the engine prices down.

You are a lot further along than I am. I'm just starting I took the engine out of my 14 the other day waiting for my 1uz and R154 to show up. I'm going to try and make my own mounts up. My car won't be ready for a long time as i play to do a fair bit of work on the shell too.

I thought I was the only person to do it after steve dunn gave up and I then seen a guy on your sx build thread thats doing the conversion too. so that makes 3 of us.

As for the ecu pin out is this it:(i think this is the ls400 one)
ls400ecuwiring.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, i mean thats the pinout, how do i find out which of the numbers means what? Its just important to make sure everything gets wired in right, for obvious reasons. Im happy with the in car wiring now, so its just a case of the engine wiring which is quite a bit more daunting!

Steve Dunn finished it but wasnt happy. Reportedly got beaten by a Pug GTi-6. BUt anything can beat anything with enough power. The power curves dont lie, and they have alot of success with them over in the states.

As for the engine cost, you probably read but i bought a crash damaged LS400 for £300, took out all the bits i needed, then sold on the shell to a banger racer for £300 including the cats. Free engine, pow.

Looking at the costing, if you actually have to put the DET engine in, it would cost more than 2k to get up to the 300bhp this thing will put out pretty much as standard with the exhaust and intake upgrades. Yet 2k looks set to be my budget for the whole thing.

I'm not sure on wiring at all was going to get rid of everything and just run the bare minimum with a full stand alone ecu or megasquirt. It really depends what I do if I stay NA or go twin turbo but I'm at least 6 months away to needing the wiring.

From what I understand about steves car is that is was fully stock engine but as with most engines they are made to meet mpg,emissions,ect.
So even with a set of lextreme cams The engine, cams and ITBs will be less than the cost of a stage 2 SR or a 2jz engine but it should be lighter than both due to not running intercoolers,turbos tons of piping ect. I'm also thinking about using a 100 or 150 hit of nitrous.

TBH I wish I had brought a car and done it like you. The engine I wanted just fell though :(

Yeah, he said it didnt have the power where he wanted it. BUt ive seen plenty of people who have been successful with it in the states, look up videos on youtube of Brett Collins Drift, hes the guy providing my kit.

Im not on a hunt for power so the stock value is good enough for me for now, certainly after an intake and a full exhaust system. Id thought about potentially supercharging it as kits are about AU$2500 which isnt horrendous. But my thoughts are that i will end up with a car thats priced out of the market so it will never sell on.

beware of the quality of brett colins ***** i got an adapter plate, got charged 200 dollars extra for postage. went to fit the plate and it was too thick, there was no clutch engagement. i had to skim a few mm off the platr and 10mm off the gearbox.
few guys have had probs with his stuff

maccyD what are you planning to do with the anti roll bar as the front sump still hits?

Are you changing the cams or any mods?

Last edited: