Hydraulic Fan pump removal

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

kiwi_bkk

Hi, I've just bought a 1UZ engine(rear sump) for a project, The engine has the Hydraulic fan pump ,with a high pressure line and large bolt holding it on, i would like to remove the complete unit, coz i want to run Electric Fans, and ideas on the best way to remove it? Thanks

Two things you can do.

1. Replace the hydraulic housing with LS400 fan bracket housing along with the pulley

2. Eliminted the hydraulic pump and use the housing along with DIY idler pulley. You will need a new serpertine belt.

I think the first option is the easiest and most clean looking. You can keep your stock serperntine belt. It will look something like this.

Thanks Lex, so option 2, i can remove the pump , re-install the housing and use the fan idler thats already there? i can unbolt the high pressure line to right?

Thanks

Thanks Lex, so option 2, i can remove the pump , re-install the housing and use the fan idler thats already there? i can unbolt the high pressure line to right?

Thanks

If you look at the current route of the belt, you can not just eliminate it. You need to replace it with another pulley. You can delete everything except the housing. The housing also serve an as attachment for the AC compressor too.

If we are not running A/c we completely remove the internals and pully of the pump with hoses and solenold. have done heaps. I have some photos somewhere if you want - cheers

If we are not running A/c we completely remove the internals and pully of the pump with hoses and solenold. have done heaps. I have some photos somewhere if you want - cheers
Hi Gloverman, yer some photos would be great, im a kiwi living in Bangkok would love to keep the Air tho.

cheers