High CFM Electric Fan

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Do you have any room between the radiator and the engine for a puller setup? That's the best solution if you have the space.

I have one of those AAP setups like Ryan's that I bought on a whim last year and never used. New, still in the box and I paid $400 for it from HPF. I don't have any dimensions for it, however, and I'm sure it's intended to be only a puller setup.

John, correct. It is only a puller set up. The clearance needed is approximately 2.5" in depth (between radiator and motor. It does cover the complete radiator core.

Ryan

I run one 16" fan which can be used as a push or pull. 65mm overall height but a no brand made in italy sourced from our local hot rod shop at a cost of $320 AUD. Only problem as we have to run OEM engine management to get rego here is on a 45 degree Celsius day the damn things will not come out of cold start, Mine will not go over 78 Degrees C on a hot day and in winter I have to disconnect the fan, It's on standard Hilux radiator. You get what you pay for I supppose

you must have yr fan running all the time

ive been doing conversions for many years and 99% of the people dont plan them properly
fitting a thermo fan switch into the radiator or the engine cooling system somewhere is easy with engine out while doing the conversion

no one actually sits down and tries to find every possible thing u need
900% of fans i wure up the customer has no way to control the fan so i just run it of ignition

if they want to spend abit more i run my fan temp controllers or i goto local parts shop and go thru the tridon fan switch cataloge and find which best suits

i try not to use the crappy repco or davis craig fan swithces that go in yr radiator

I use a Honda fan switch (mounted in the bottom tank) and set the fans up as per a factory install but with power from a live feed so it runs independent of the ignition (a set up I also use on race cars).

Now I've had this discussion quite a few times with various people (including a few others with 1UZ powered Surfs/4runners) telling me how I won't get a 1UZ to cool in a Surf with the standard radiator. While this is true of trying to use the V6 radiator (which can't cool the V6 properly at the best of times) I use the 4 row Diesel radiators without any problems at all.

A lot of planning goes into these despite having done a few as each model year can have slight differences in wiring and sensors, traction control or no traction control etc. I endeavor to make each conversion look and function as per a factory installation partly for the reason that for Rego/certification in WA we have to run the OEM engine management systems.

Like you say sideshow using cheap crappy components is a very bad idea