hiace hiace hiace

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

evoman1

hey there all!! as i posted on here awhile ago i said i was about to do this conversion to my hiace as the 2.8 deisel did'nt cut the mustard towing my race car so hopfully this will make my 3hr drive to events take 3hrs not 5hrs!!

brought a celsior complete front cut so i have EVERYTHING i will need i hope, unfortunally it is a front sump but anything is possible if you look outside the square when taking on a job.

took the day off work today and pulled out the 2.8 and fitted the 1uz to the engine crane, it is rather a very very tight fit i must say but not too bad.....
of course the sump clashed with the engine crossmember so out with the engine an in with the 9" grinder!

engine sits pretty good now, so took a few measurement, and will head to work after tea and press up a new cross member an if i get time will make new engine mounts,

looks as if i give the celsior headers a wee trim they will work hopefully!!!

any how will post a update tommorrow nite with some more pics of the progress, it will be a long day tomorrow!!!

Attachments

• hiace.jpg
    hiace.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 48
hey there all again!!

all done for the night and got a fair bit done today, last night pressed up new cross member to take front sump 1uz and had enough time to make mounts aswell.

gave them a paint today and fitted them up looked good!.

dropped engine back in the hole for the last time i hope! bolted trans up and had a wee sort through the wiring, only have a few wee things to do now and it be off to my sparky buddie to wire up, he wires them into jetboats so should'nt be a prob just no where the amount of room he be used to!

well thats it untill next weekend, will attack the afm & t/b also have to make a mount to hold the rear of the trans.

Attachments

• DSCF1727.JPG
    DSCF1727.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCF1728.JPG
    DSCF1728.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 49
  • DSCF1729.JPG
    DSCF1729.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 43
dont forget bout the intake and air flow meter
its the biggest pain in the butt with the 1uz hiaces
u have to compramise on engine height and seat clearance

that intake is ideal!!!!!! thanks very much fella you just save me alot of time trying to nut that out!!! will post more pics this sunday after working on it all weekend, hopefully i will be all done and it will be off to my sparky buddie, 2 full weekends and all done!!! yuss cant wait to hear it fire up and drive it to see what it goes like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are aware that these were also factory? Ambulance and for some reason do not feature in the parts book. There was one in Christchurch and one in Wellington both owned by The Car Stereo Company. UZS141 motor and special order I beleive

after making my intake like that i still had a little bit of massaging to do on the cover the ol "heat and beat" did the trick though... and there is a seat belt mount bolt which i had to cut down but because it relies on sharing load it doesnt matter.... glad i could help :p

i made the adaptors to the intake manifold and air flow meter the blue pipe is from super cheap (intercooler piping) same with the clamps.... quite expensive though...