hiace speedo...arrrrhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

evoman1

hi people, i have finished my hiace and been for cert but failed on drive shaft loop and no speedo(which i did know about) every thing else is working mint drives like a dream but i cannot find any info for my speed sensor output on my ecu so i can make it work, any diagrams i have found i see have speed sensor 2 + & - do both these wires need to be connected to my two wires for the speedo?? have 89661 - 50102 26p 16p 22p 26p ecu and have spent the last 6hrs straight on this forum and havent found what i am after yet any help would be awesome....thanks:)

and i think i got the right wire off the 1uz ecu, it should be a purple with silver tracer? or do i need to find both speed sensor pos an neg??? also for some reason the temp sender unit make my temp gauge shoot right up to the max ... any thoughts?

What series motor have you fitted? Going by your ECU its an early UCF10 so the vehicle speed signal is fed to the ECU but the ECU does not have an output for the cluster. If the VVS has power and earth already then you only need the signal wire. Trace the signal wire in the loom from the VSS on the back of the box. The reason you have temp gauge issues it you have removed an earth when you took the 2.8 motor out. Most other peoples conversions I fix have temp gauge issues. Cheers

ok thanks kelvin, i had a wee felling it might be a earthing issue, i still have the original loom off the old 3l trans, so do ya think it would be easyier to splice that loom up and plug it back in and tee the wires back in to speed sensor no'2 near the sensor of just do i near the ecu?

I would check the VSS has power and earth - if not find them in the lexus loom and add the supply for these from the hiace and then join the VVS signal from the lexus loom into the hiace loom. I have a full lexus loom with the same ECU in my garage at the moment so I could go check wire colours if I walked down the hallway. Most of my hand drawn diagrams dont have the auto stuff on them as I often cut it out when going manual. I can check if you get stuck. Cheers

ok i will try that tomorrow thank you, you would'nt be interested in doing any front sump conversion in the future as rear sump are slowly getting harder to find..... i fabricate very good cross members for this conversion, i could send you one to try to see what you think?

No thanks. I have just sold yet another rear sump. Ive had over twenty now. We are making custom rear sumps as they are also needed for several other conversions so suit our workshop better and reduces the throttle body clearance issue. Cheers