hiace hiace hiace hiace

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

evoman1

:)hi there all!! i'm about to try this conversion into my 95 lwb hiace, just would be good to know a fwe things, ie-- can i still use my auto trans that was on the 2.8 diesel? if not how do i get on with the 1uz trans as the drive shaft does'nt slide on the output shaft of the 1uz trans, it has that fixed coupling......
also as rear sump engines are getting REALLY hard to find is there still much work modifying cross member to take a front sump model??

they are the few things i am trying to get my head around at the mo...

any help would be awesome!

hey, ive heard ya can spin the cross member 180 and run a front sump but then ya have to mod the control arms a little... im running the 1uz auto and ya have to run a slip joint like on a 4x4... the hardest part for me was wounting the throtle body etc so the pan under the drivers seat ect clears everything... ill post pics if ya need to see anything man....

I would think the slip joint rear extension would be readilly available here in Australia as Crowns seem the commonest engine in the market.

Try a "Wanted to Buy" ad.

It wouldn't cost much to post one over.

hey, ive heard ya can spin the cross member 180 and run a front sump but then ya have to mod the control arms a little... im running the 1uz auto and ya have to run a slip joint like on a 4x4... the hardest part for me was wounting the throtle body etc so the pan under the drivers seat ect clears everything... ill post pics if ya need to see anything man....

yea that would be awesome if you could send me some pics.. what did you do about your cross member??

spinning the cross member is not a good idea. Cert guys dont like it and why reinvent the wheel when Rear sump motors are still around. I have two rear sump setups in stock at the moment. You can also get away with a mid sump if you really have to. I would make new custom sumps before spinning the cross member.

Rod - you dont ran a crown box you fit a 4x4 type slipper in the driveshaft. Hiace arent too hard jus take lots of time. I have a photo here of one.

hey zuffen
unfortunately not many early crown 1uzs left
these r ones with twin ecus
pretty sure other 1uzs have slip yoke mayb e crown majestas
as long as the gbox harness has the same 6 pin plug for solenoids and line presusre cable
and same speed signals then it should be straight swap over
havnt seen one at sss for 1 or 2 years
i havnt wired one up from scratch in over 2 years
most these days are late ls or celsior motors

spinning the cross member is not a good idea. Cert guys dont like it and why reinvent the wheel when Rear sump motors are still around. I have two rear sump setups in stock at the moment. You can also get away with a mid sump if you really have to. I would make new custom sumps before spinning the cross member.

Rod - you dont ran a crown box you fit a 4x4 type slipper in the driveshaft. Hiace arent too hard jus take lots of time. I have a photo here of one.

I'd second that comment lol. Spining is not only a larger job than you think it's rough too.

all i said is that ive heard of it being done because rear sump motors are getting harder to find....and those that have them will rip you off blindly for them.... there is definantly more than one way to skin a cat :D

all i said is that ive heard of it being done because rear sump motors are getting harder to find....and those that have them will rip you off blindly for them.... there is definitely more than one way to skin a cat :D

Totally, I tried first off spinning the cross member and F'd up something chronic, in the end a work mate helped me make a cross member to suit a front sump out of two Hiace cross members. And end result looks factory. Now when/if I ever need to throw another engine in I can get a common front sump :cool:

crossmember_1.jpg

Totally, I tried first off spinning the cross member and F'd up something chronic, in the end a work mate helped me make a cross member to suit a front sump out of two Hiace cross members. And end result looks factory. Now when/if I ever need to throw another engine in I can get a common front sump :cool:

crossmember_1.jpg

thats awsome being able to just change out to another front sump if the need arrises.... nice work man... did it pass cert okay?

very nice indeed .. cert people dont care as long as you do a good job.. crossmembers get modded in just about every conversion done ... if its not the front .. its the gearbox one

crossmember_1.jpg

hey mate, what engine mounts did you use? 1's off kelvin? also what radiator do you guys use, I have a 2l petrol hiace, will the factory radiator work or is there sumthing better.?

I used the ones I got from Kelvin @ Cartune a couple ears back. They place the engine at the perfect height.
With the radiator I'm using the one I purchased for the stock 2L engine a tad before I decided to throw in the 1UZ in. Ive got 2 electric fans running on it but from what Ive heard maybe going with a radiator to suit the 3L turbo diesel would be better?

oh yeap sweet so it will work ok then, jus looking at the outlets on factory radiator is on the top drivers side and bottom left side, do you just make up hoses to suit cos theyll kinda be crossing over ay, like the bottom outlet on the motor will be going to the left bottom to the radiator is that rite?

Easiest way to overcome that issue is to head to Super Cheap Auto and rummage through their radiator hoses and join some to suit. Works like a charm :D

I used the ones I got from Kelvin @ Cartune a couple ears back. They place the engine at the perfect height.
With the radiator I'm using the one I purchased for the stock 2L engine a tad before I decided to throw in the 1UZ in. Ive got 2 electric fans running on it but from what Ive heard maybe going with a radiator to suit the 3L turbo diesel would be better?

cos I wana run front sump, jus becos the are easier to come across, and really try and do it on a budget in a way, like if theres things I dont Have to touch Ill try not too. Ive been told I can use the g55 box, I have a belhousing to suit already, did you have to mod gearbox x-member? and driveshaft or can they all bolt up again, without shortening of lenghtening?

cos I wana run front sump, jus becos the are easier to come across, and really try and do it on a budget in a way, like if theres things I dont Have to touch Ill try not too. Ive been told I can use the g55 box, I have a belhousing to suit already, did you have to mod gearbox x-member? and driveshaft or can they all bolt up again, without shortening of lenghtening?

Dude I fully know how you feel, I started off doing mine with the same mindset.. Any conversion on a budget is where it's at lol.

You are OK to use the G55 believe it or not. Not 100% ideal but unless you are planning on ripping the shit out of it constantly (and for the first few months you will want to) hen it should hold up fine. I met another guy down here who has done the conversion and he has been running his G55 with no issues for afew years now. Try Performance Motor Works for an adapter plate if you need one.

Only thing you may find with going for a front sump option is that you may offset the extra you would ultimately pay for a rear sump on creating a cross member to suit the front sump ...... unless you are able to fab one up yourself.

With the mounting of the gearbox.... well really cant vouch for everyone elses but mine pretty much lined up with the stock mount just needed abit of fab work here and there.? and no mod to the drive shaft either.... Yes I was surprised too.

Dude I fully know how you feel, I started off doing mine with the same mindset.. Any conversion on a budget is where it's at lol.

You are OK to use the G55 believe it or not. Not 100% ideal but unless you are planning on ripping the shit out of it constantly (and for the first few months you will want to) hen it should hold up fine. I met another guy down here who has done the conversion and he has been running his G55 with no issues for afew years now. Try Performance Motor Works for an adapter plate if you need one.

Only thing you may find with going for a front sump option is that you may offset the extra you would ultimately pay for a rear sump on creating a cross member to suit the front sump ...... unless you are able to fab one up yourself.

With the mounting of the gearbox.... well really cant vouch for everyone elses but mine pretty much lined up with the stock mount just needed abit of fab work here and there.? and no mod to the drive shaft either.... Yes I was surprised too.

Thats allgud man, if I can come out with nethng like what youve acomplished, thats what im after. so I hoping in full to use standard radiator, electric fans, front sump motor, modded x-member, g55 box with new clutch kit and flywheel, standard diff with lsd head. and my mate had used a 300hp external fuel pump, thinking the same, what did you use? did you use factory hiace fuel lines?