Help with some dimentions..

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

GSMnow

Maybe I should copy this to drivetrain??

I am hoping someone on here has an LS400 trans and some time to take a few measurements for me. I am making up a custom drive shaft, and I need the dimentions of the output flange on the LS400 A341S trans. There is a pin (actually the end of the trans output shaft) sticking out of the middle of the 3 leg drive flange that bolts to the rubber coupler. I need to know the exact diameter of this pin, either metric or inch is fine, I can convert. I also need to know how far this pin extands past the fact of the 3 leg flange. Next I need the bolt circle of the 3 holes where the flang bolts to the rubber ring. My plan is to make a plate that will center on the pin, bolt to the 3 holes, and have the proper centering hole and 4 bolt holes on the other side to accept a pickup truck U-joint. I have the U-joint from a 4x4 pickup truck with a sliding yoke in the drive shaft. This setup cures all of my problems with installing the driveshaft and allowing some change in the length of the shaft due to budy flex. This setup should even work in live axle cars since the drive shaft I got had about 4 inches of travel from full compressed to spline falling out. This is far more than I need in my IRS setup. I mainly need the spline so I can shorten the shaft enough to get it between the rear diff and trans, then extensd it to bolt up the flanges. This will also eliminate the center bearing and third U-joint in my setup making it a 1 peice drive shaft.

Thanks for any help you can provide. I wish I had my car out here, I would just drop the hacked up shaft and measure it myself.

Gary M.

You want to make this?

s5300439.jpg

s5300438.jpg

I just got a local engineering company to make the adaptor up.. took about 2 hours.

For the output shaft.. its it is too long, its nothing an angle-grinder with cutoff wheel can't fix.... (Fixed mine that way.. :))

That is exactly what I want to do. I have a lathe and mill here, I just need the dimensions. It also looks like your plate does not center on the pin in the middle. If the bolts fit tight, it may be good enough, but I don't trust the bolt circle. I want to hub center it, since I have had bad luck with lug centered wheels. I guess I am paranoid.

Gary M.