HElp! TPS

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

rascuzi

Hello all,
I believe i have a problem with my throtle position senso just wanted some advice from you all.
I checked the codes and it said 41 (four blinks a slight pause and one blink).
HEre are the symptoms:
1) the CIL comes on intermittently
2) it acts up mostly when the car is cold (T<60) and when humidity is high
3)I It is especially bad when trying to make a quick getaway either froom a stop or slow speed.
4) THe check engine light comes on and the car fells like it has hit a rev. limiter or is in limp mode.
5) it quickly shifts through the gears and after a few seconds everything is fine.
6) it never does that in park or Neutral

Does this seem like a TPS issue or more an ECT issue. Also, could this be caused by old spark plugs and wires (they need to be changed).
ANy advice will be much appreciated

BTW what can a lexus scan tool tell me that checking the codes myself cannot? THe toyota dealer want $100 dollars just to tell me what is wrong and will not reduce it even if they are aloowed to fix it.

thanks in advance for the sugestions and answers
kwasi

A faulty tps can cause erratic shifting of the transmission as it will not be sending correct information about throttle opening to the ecu. Much like a transmission with faulty modulator .

rascuzi said:
thanks man. do you know if i can replace it myself fairly easily?
I think the TPS is located right on the throttle body. There may be one main TPS and one secondary TPS for 1UZFE engine. You may check for the correct voltage of the TPS. If the TPS is dead, it would send bad voltage to the ECU, which causes fluctuations. Also, when replacing the TPS, make sure to position it at the right angle so it would give a correct voltage. You might get the instruction from Lexus Repair Manual. The above techniques that I used is for Hondas.