Help removing harmonic balancer pulley

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
yes i have tried a harmonic balancer remover, thats the problem, stupid nut wont budge. ive tried different harmonic balancer removers, different toruque bars, impact wrenches (ingersoll rand), wd40, pblaster, and heat to try to get it to budge. any ideas on how to remove this stupid thing.

that nut is tight

I pulled the engine out and put it in the back of my van and took it to a truck tyre shop
there air wrenches battled a bit but it did come loose !

it is stupidly tight

once its loose its a walk in the park to remove the actual pulley

loosen that nut

heat didnt help mine at all

once its off and you can see where it makes contact you will realise why heat doesnt help
dont heat it too much of else yo uwill burn the front seal up

You need a breaker bar. and the socket of course. 22mm

If the engine is still mounted tightly in the vehicle........
Use a long enough breaker bar to reach solid ground while
the socket is on the nut (h.b. pulley nut 22mm)........

connect the battery up again and crank the engine with the ignition (as if to start the vehicle, but do not start the engine-obviously!)
Remove the nut.
Remove the pulley with the h.b. pulley remover tool.

This is the procedure I use to loosen the nut. However to tighten the nut back to the precise ~180 ft/lb torque.. it is a more difficult procedure.

Yeah that's how I did mine, though the engine was in my 4WD, I put the breaker bar against the chassis (ladder frame.) The starter motor should have enough torque to crack it.

I wasn't sure what part you meant in your first post as you only mentioned the balancer itself, not the nut ;)

the starter motor didnt do it in my case - it would lift the front of the car up (damn light mazda to blame for that)
I havent tightened it up past a good shoulder nip - after its been on the engine a while it seems to tighten itself up - as it takes way more effort to take off than put back - has anyone else had that experience ?

Attachments

• DSC00118.jpg
    DSC00118.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC00119.jpg
    DSC00119.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC00121.jpg
    DSC00121.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC00122.jpg
    DSC00122.jpg