help power loss

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

1UZX83

my 1uz feels like its lost alot of power and its not easy for it to free rev past 4000rpm.

starts as normal, dont think itl be a vac leak, could be fuel delivery?
economy is still good around 450km/tank (65l)

for reference its an early 89 crown 1uz, anyone have the diag codes for these engines?
ive searched the forum and found only for newer engines, are the codes the same?

any help would be great.

Codes are all the same.

That 450km/65L better be city driving only.
On the freeway it should be closer to 550km/65L.

Have you checked the basics?
Are you getting spark from both coils ? (its common(ish) for a coil or an ignitor to die)

Have your catalytic converters collapsed ?

Have you changed your fuel filter in the last 5 years ?

Codes are all the same.

That 450km/65L better be city driving only.
On the freeway it should be closer to 550km/65L.

Have you checked the basics?
Are you getting spark from both coils ? (its common(ish) for a coil or an ignitor to die)

Have your catalytic converters collapsed ?

Have you changed your fuel filter in the last 5 years ?

yep mostly city and a little fway driving

havent had chance to check the coils out, need to cross check em with a couple of known good ones.
plugs and leads are new

no cats fitted at all

fuel filter is newish

oops, just read your user name properly...not peewees car haha...could of been mine by the looks of your user name....check the rotor buttons?

oops, just read your user name properly...not peewees car haha...could of been mine by the looks of your user name....check the rotor buttons?

yeh mate same car burgundy mx83

havent had time to get into it yet cos i use it everyday for work aswell, might get a chance to dig around when i put my coilovers in.

ill try and have a look this weekend if im not working

when a coil goes out its a little more then a loss of power, the car runs like utter ****, like scary bad. not a car you would want to coose to drive exept from where ever you where when the coil went bad to straight home. i had that happen to me a few weeks ago.

Yeah, and your cat converters take a beating too, they glow and become red hot when the coils out on one side of the motor...

Bad power, hmmmm? Fuel delivery problem or clog maybe, injectors, etc.. electrical sensor problem of sorts, intake leak, etc...Could be anything... Bad spark plug wires even... I would first check to see if all the cylinders are firing then go from there...

yep def feels like a fuleing prob, this morn on way to work bit low on fuel tried to give it a bit and mega surge,
going to buy a f/pump and new filter this weekend anyone no wat direct replacement pump will fit mx83 other than a stock 1?

ahh ok, if i remember, got the plugs/rotor buttons/ and something else changed just prior to sale, and a cpl of other electrical things, so could as well be a fuel problem.

ahh ok, if i remember, got the plugs/rotor buttons/ and something else changed just prior to sale, and a cpl of other electrical things, so could as well be a fuel problem.

yeh they were changed wen i bought it of u, then i did the plugs and leads.

yeh no cats at all, still doing this surging crap, really starting to get to me now, need it sorted might have to find a uz guru to leave the car with for a while.

I got my electric Walbro fuel pump on Amazon.com... It's not a fake and it's a bolt on...

So is your car still surging? I would check for vacume leaks or intake leaks if it surges at idle... Maybe even a dirty throttle body that need cleaning..

If it's fuel I would check the injectors before changing out your fuel pump..I've never heard of stock Lexus/Soarer fuel pump failing.... I previously owned a used car dealership and only sold these cars for the longest time... Seen all the stock problems there is but never a failed fuel pump... Thought I might ad this to the equation... Dirty injectors yes, dirty fuel filter yes, Faulty sensor read yes, but never a fuel pump....