Help... dash light dimming and loss of power

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Drob5286

I have a 1993 Lexus Sc400 and when I turn on my turn signals, put on the brakes or roll my windows up the dash light flicker on and off and the radio shuts off. If I have the air on it also cuts off power as well. I was wondering if this was an alternator issue or something more severe? Can someone please help.

Drob5286 said:
I have a 1993 Lexus Sc400 and when I turn on my turn signals, put on the brakes or roll my windows up the dash light flicker on and off and the radio shuts off. If I have the air on it also cuts off power as well. I was wondering if this was an alternator issue or something more severe? Can someone please help.
It seems there's short circuit somewhere. I don't think it's the alternator. If the alternator is week, it won't even charge enough for your battery. Take out the dash and check the wires. Also, check all the fuses just in case to eliminate the problem finding. Do you mean the dash with the needle gauges (cluster) or the climate control dash? Anyway, you can bring your alternator to any autopart store for a test.

both the cluster and the climate control in addition to the radio flicker on and off when I turn on my turn signals, roll up the windows, put on the brakes, and turn on the head lights. I don't know what the problem is. I don't understand if it is a short circuit why it would effect all of these options/ controls. also the motor will loose power when this happens and my check engine light and the battery light comes on. My amp is blown or something because i only get sound out of the front tweaters and the rear sub. maybe the problem lies within that?

This was really getting on my nerves so I went out and checked all my fuses and when I removed the radio fuse under the hood it fixed the problem. So I'm guessing that there is a short somewhere within my audio system.

Drob5286 said:
This was really getting on my nerves so I went out and checked all my fuses and when I removed the radio fuse under the hood it fixed the problem. So I'm guessing that there is a short somewhere within my audio system.
Now you have a clue what's going on. So it's better if you can take out the radio system out and trace to every single wire. Perhaps that could be the faulty amplifier. If that's the case, switching to an aftermarket CD player and hooking it up directly to the speakers. Or you might run a different aftermarket amp system like I do. You can find some diagrams here to your radio system: http://www.lextreme.com/misc.html.