Help On Erro Code!!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

93ls400888

Hi guys
i have a 93 ls400 and the engin check light came on one day while i was driving!
the car didnt act wired at all but the light is just there and it will go off sometimes and light up again!!!and after i done the diagnostics it is the code 13
and reffer to the info coade 13 is the RPM CIRCUIT no2 what does that mean?
what part is that?
where is it located in the engin??
is it DIYable?
thank you very much!!!:happysad:

According to my manual Error Code 13 is RPM signal circuit No2

: no NE signal to ECU when engine speed is above 1000 RPM
The Fix is : harness or connector between ECU and engine speed sensor
: engine speed sensor
: ECU

: When the phase of the G1 or G2 signal and the NE sinal is shifted more than the standard value
The fix is : Timing belt loose [ jumping teeth ]

: 12 NE signal pulses are not input to the ECU during the interval between
G1 and G2 signal pulses
The fix is : harness or connector between ECU and No. 1 , No. 2 cam
position sensor
: engine speed sensor

Anyhow that's what the " Book " sez !!
Hope it's of some help .

Code 13 - Driving me nuts! Its the only code my crown/auto chucks at me and the engine light stays on. It has a small miss and idles a little rough. I have tested the crank and cam sensors - all met the correct ohms. Traced all wires back from cam/crank sensors - all seem fine. Checked ohms on both coils - all good.
If i disconnect the left cam sensor while idling, the engine idle increases. If i disconnect the right sensor the idle decreases. Is this normal? Thought they would give the same result.
Could the timing belt be loose and causing the timing to be out? If so, if i use a timing light, what marks should i see? Can i just hook up the timing light or do i need to put the engine in a test type of mode to check the timing.

The computer does not care about what the pick up ohms at, only the voltage signal that is sent. I know the repair manual lists those checks, but that is something Toyota needs to do better.

The code is already explained, so is the likely cause. Start tracing the signal from the pick up back as Lex stated.

I Took It Apart And Triple Check Everything By The Book And Find Out That It Is The Timing Belt Issue. When I Installed The Timing Belt, I Was Missing The Mark By A Tooth.

THANK TO KIWI.IN.AUS ON THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:

: When the phase of the G1 or G2 signal and the NE sinal is shifted more than the standard value
The fix is : Timing belt loose [ jumping teeth ]

what is the possibility that the timing belt will jump? I never ride my car hard. It is just recently when the code 13 appeared. Do anyone have instructions on how to check the igniter? thank you very much for the help.

ignitor

i'm yet to see an ignitor go bad on one of these. but I can tell you they are the same and the plugs can be swaped. i bet its one of the crank/cam sensors. if you do need an ignitor. I know the late 80s and early 90s Toyota celica has the same ignitor for the 3sfe/3sgte engines and likely the same for others. it might be easier to find one of these where you are than a 1uz car. I would gamble and get the cam sensors from a salvage yard. if the belt jumped then it was put on wrong or its extremely old. if you set the crank to its mark and look at your cam gears with the plastic covers off you should be able to confirm alignment.