Help needed with clutch problem! NZ'ers?!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

4000GT

Ok so I got a Niteparts flywheel, a brand new QM twin rally disk clutch, a QM hydraulic release bearing... and it slips. Badly on the dyno, and now with much throttle. So its dead.

I think the best option is to go for a single 10 inch disk and suitable flywheel, and ditch this setup.

Can the QM release bearing be used with the bigger single type clutch covers ok? Or just the 7.25"?

Geoff, Choke on Smoke got something to help me out?

Are you sure the release bearing isn't putting constant pressure on the clutch?

It would take a lot of torque to slip a twinplate (I'm not sure if you are FI yet?)

Attachments

• DSC06485.JPG
    DSC06485.JPG
    132.3 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC06486.JPG
    DSC06486.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 73
Could be, could also be the stepdown in the flywheel isnt enough. Basically I am really pissed about it. Buy a new clutch, new flywheel, basically new release bearing. And its rooted and I dont know I want to throw more money at that setup given how unstreetable it is.

Slipped at 360ftlbs. Made 331WHP at 5psi.

Attachments

• 60078284_full.jpg
    60078284_full.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 72
May have to go through clutch geometry ..
Some clutch's take some time to bed in??
Though in your case? Hardly pushing it!!!
Twin plates generally take heaps of torque..

Hello. I have a good flywheel and clutch which be more than you need. Saying that the setup you have should be more than up to the job. If it has been slipping then it's most likely stuffed but look into the setup more. The step may not be correct or maybe the release bearing is partly engaged or preloading the cover. I see people with clutch problems all the time, normally they buy something too cheap but you have spent the money on a good system. Good luck with sorting. You have my number if you need advice. Cheers Kelvin