Help make my 1uzfe run right :)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

DTM340i

Hi all,

Finally got my E30 going with 1uzfe and manual box.

If I try to slowly accelerate it seems to be cutting out, its more like something cutting out than a simple miss.

youtube vid to show what its doing here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fZxFCIsw7c

If i stand on it it revs and goes well but I can tell whatever is wrong is holding it back. It sometimes goes harder, sometimes not as good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3eR45fzRvk

You can hear in this vid, the second time I give it a squirt its revving out ok but through the rev range you can hear when it comes to life and is slightly spinning the wheels.

I just thought that posting vid may help to identify what the prob is, like a dodgey AFM etc etc.

Any help appreciated

hey glenn

pull the cover of the ecu then unscrew the circuit board under it if it has one and flip it to side

look inside ecu for leaky capacitors
its common for afew older toyota ecus for capacitors to fail
and lately im finding afew 1uzs are getting the same problem

see if the ecu smells abit fishy when running

u will see the liquid inside some capacitors have had leaked out and eaten the circuit board

if the ecu is ok maybe check for codes
might be air flow

mmmm
seems like the air flows are starting to fail at around 20 years old
dont know y
ive pulled 2 air flows apart and studied the electronics
not much to them and since sensor is all plastic i cant explain why
they are failing

i know of 4 people who needs air flows now

these enignes are becoming pains in the butts

Hey Glenn, I got a message from paul to see if I had a spare afm to test on your car. Sorry I sold it a few years back when I converted to a standalone wolf ecu. cheers kris

Yeah would love to catch up. Im going to springnats with the ute. hope not to break anything. Putting water meth injection on it this weekend to make it a little safer on the burnout pad. Im thinking of putting a squirter in front of the intercooler as well as one in the intake pipe. Whats peoples thoughts of spraying water/ meth in the front of the intercooler and leading into the engine bay. Should I just use water to eliminate any combustable fluid???

you know why 90% fail.

* filter that uses oil - k&n etc

or then

* people stupidly clean the air flow meter "karman and mesh" with throttlebody cleaners etc. it kills the sensor

just use compressed air with an inline filter to trap water.

Kris,

Spraying water meth on the intercooler will help hold the intake temps down which can't be a bad thing.

The spray on the front may also help the radiator hold it together. Every little bit helps.

As long as you can pump enough fluid for two sprays it'll be an advantage.

I would certainly retian the spray on you inlet.

Hey Rod,
What you have said is along the lines I was thinking as I need everything I can get to help keep both inlet and exhaust temps down. The pump can handle two nozels. I was a little wary of pumping water meth mix into the front of the intercooler which could lead to a fire under bonnet. Im leaning to using just water!!!! cheers kris