Help i need a wiring diagram

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

StacytheBloke

I have a UK 1993 LS400 engine and auto gearbox with a cut loom. I have both halves of the loom and the original ecu.

I have being trying through lexus to get the ewd for the car, initally the guy messed up and ordered EWD225Y or EWD255Y which is for a later UCF20, he the corrected the and ordered EWD080Y which arrived and was for the correct vehicle however this book only contained the ECU pinouts for the ECU with four grey two row plugs and not the 34p,22p,16p,28p configuration i have. There are suppliments to the manual available however these are now discontinued, like the two manuals above (they were old stock) and there are none left anywhere in the UK. This is all because the whole system has been computerised. And they said under no circumstances can i even see the computer system (copying it down onto paper out of the question then) :rant:

unfortunately the pdf diagrams on here also fail to match mine

the ecu can be seen here

http://lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3348&page=2

I have created a spread sheet in excel with the colour of the wire exiting each pin. (each connector is on a different sheet)

http://uk.geocities.com/[email protected]/ecupinouts.xls

i do have the chassis number for the donor car if that is any help

JT153 UF1000175719

Do any of you have any suggestions as to where i might source the nice colour genuine toyota wiring diagram for this car. Please note it is European Right hand drive spec.

Thanks in advance

If I read your post right you have a loom that is cut in half?

Why not just join the red to the red and blue to the blue etc until all the wires are joined?

Or are you trying to graft the end of one loom to another loom so you have the plugs?

All the bits i have are from one car however i need to get the loom working on its own as there is no vehicle loom for it to connect to, (need to knoe the ingnition switch wires etc) i am trying to rejoin the loom as it was cut at the bulkhead by the breaker (why do they do it?) luckily they still had the car when i got there so i was able to salvage the other half and the ecu. UNfortunately out of the 73 wires less than 30 are unique, i've continuity tested some of the matched pairs and not all of them are interconnected. As my loom is otherwise intact i don't want to have to sit there and derive all the conections with a meter, that said i don't have the pin outs for the ecu so i wouldn't know which pin the ignitor wire X for example goes to.

Also i would like to chop out as much of the wiring as possible as i literally need just enough to run the engine and gearbox as i have all independent gauges, fuel pump control (single speed through master cut off) and starter motor control. So knowing what is what would be nice and potentially save me a lot of unnessesary guess work.

thanks

yeh checked those unfortunately they do not match my ecu which is a shame

i don't suppose anyone knows if the ewd books are available in any other countries than the uk?

i think i need one of the supliments to EWD080Y but they are out of print and stock in the UK for good

you will not find the ingnition wiring and other wiring on the net
its very very hard to find anything apart from engine ecu wiring

u just have to sit down and figure what the wires do

if the engine is not goin into the original car then u dont need the body wiring

Help available.

Stacey,

I've sent you a pm but in case you dont get it I think I can help you.

Thanks to all the help from this site I've wired in both a 1990 and a 1993 Lexus V8 and the 93 is a carbon copy of your connectors.

I live about 45 mins from you so if you want why not come down and copy my set up into a wiring diagram of your own, its relatively easy to see what I have done and I'll be able to talk you through the installation and set up.

Drop me a PM or an email to arrange times/days etc.

Cheers,

Tony