First gen GS3 with AWD and V8 in japan ?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Was called the V8 Four-i.
UZS147 I believe.

Same setup as RB26's, with front axel going through sump.

Pic

1uz4wd.jpg

That makes another derivation of the engine.

I don't think we need to include it in any tech files on engine types.

Hi Peewee, yerr i would also be interested if you have any pics of the sump area, does the front driveshaft go through the sump. anybody know what the Transfer case model is off. also what sort of top arm attaches to the hub piece that is sticking up where the top ball joint attaches , i have heaps of hubs from my soarer etc but nothing like that is it the same as a LS400
Regards
Lambo

Sorry guys, anything I say here would be pure speculation.
I don't know any hard facts about the setup at all, only what I can see in the pics.

Driveshaft goes through the sump, gearbox looks to be A340F like the big 4wd's.

Motor was from a Crown Majesta, so UZS14x or UZS15x

That has some awsome potential ! Its got a transfer case that could potentially bolt to another toyota trans. A newer V8 with a TRD charger and viola ! A fun daily driver/drift car.

The engine and drivetrain in the photo above from memory is currently going into a MA61 supra.

There are more photos of it around somewhere, try the Toymods forums.
(im not going looking for it now, its 3:30am)

Its only 3 other photos, none very inspiring
One of the floor cut out to fit the transfer case, one from the front (looks like and engine in a car) and one from the top (looks like a 1uz in an ma61)
Nothing special of the setup at all.

Hi Zuffen, Yes i was thinking the same, there was one of these in Auckland a couple of months ago they wanted $2500, at that price its is probably still there, might be worth a good look at, only other problem is i really have come too far now to go back, any thoughts on the hub carriers are they same as LS 400 .
does a LS400 hub carrier have that long top arm that the top ball joint attaches too.
Best regards
Lambo

Lambo,

As far as the suspension in an LS400 goes I suggest you have a look under one. I don't have an answer but I'd certainly be trying hard to integrate something like that into anything I was building that ran 4WD.

Of course if you're running a Lambo replica the engine is in the wrong place to use the setup.

You could run the engine/diff unit in the rear and the axles and suspension in the front with a normal Toyo diff.

This arrangement would place the engine very much to the rear whereas a normal Lambo has the engine well forward of the diff.

hi Zuffen, looking at the pic above if i was really clever i would turn the whole assembly around 180, that raises a silly question i wonder would a 1uz run backwards like some hondas did ,with an after market computer etc i don,t think it would be possiable with valves/Firing order etc, and if not i would end up with 5 reverse gears and one forward would not be good, do you think it could be made to run in the oposite direction. Just need to change the firing order ???.
Best Regards
Lambo

toojayzee, i would think the Crown and Arista would use the same setup, from what i have read up it is exactlly the same layout.And knowing Toyota they would try to use a engine/trans from the crown model for the Arista.
Regards
Lambo

lambo-- if you turn the dif upside down, it will work backwards--or so i think..the driveshaft and trans can still turn in the correct direction, but the wheels will turn in the oposite.. that way you could have the engine in the rear.. i havent read the thread carefully, but i think thats what you were talking about..
mounting a diff upside down is not a difficult task..especially, an indipendant diff..