fabricating for supercharger

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
i will be making a sheet alloy manifold for mine , it's always cheaper to make more than one at a time injectors below and bug catcher above i could supply the whole set up if you desire

mmm...

I've bought one of these Forced Air Tech manifolds so I will stay with this for now. I will have to build up a plate on it though. I have been researching Methonal EFI and it looks feasable. I plan to build an injector plate/spacer/fuel rail using bottem feed injectors like those used in WRX's apparently. It's all in my head and I hope to draw up some pics and get it machined up out of aluminum. It will be better to run the fuel through the blower to make use of the cooling effect of methanol.

Will stay in contact..... Oh have you heard of www.emachineshop.com You can download a program to CAD design whatever then save it and send it to them and they machine it. You can also send it to other people I believe as it's a generic CNC G code which works in any CNC program. I'm going to have a go a designing my injector plate then see what happens from there.

So QCA - you are using a 6:71 right?

The bloke who I've got a quote off for my blower built the blower on that black Holden FJ tripple rotory Drag car in the latest Streent Machine Mag (Aus mag)

It is reasonably priced for the blower approx $2200 without the snout and pullys etc.
Nath

hi all i have been off line for a while i have finally got the boat going there was a
S*** load of fadrication and ecu tuning to get it going
but it really goes hard at 10PSI of boost anyhow here are some photos

Joel,

Is the 6 rib belt holding up OK?

I know Jag (and Ford) run 8 rib on their 112 Eatons to avoid belt slip.

A few of us are working with 112's and wonder if we can get away with the standard 6 rib belt.

In my case I don't run air so that's one less item helping the belt slip.

hi gaz i tried to pm you and your box is full so it did not send

thanks david the air does not get any hotter than 35 deg c

rod there is no problem with belt slippage, make it as tight as you can, i am also running a 65mm pully

hi there
i made the exhausts my self because the rolco ones hit the floor

its all up to you what rib belt you want to run as i run a 6rib belt and have had no
problems with slippage as i told rod befor

i have had a lot of chev engines in my boats over the years and none of them compare
with the the supercharger set up on the 1uz it sounds very sweat at 5500 rpm

Top stuff Joel!

Such a thorough well thought out job. Congratulations - something to be proud of mate. I hope to see it one day.
Hell when I get mine jag supercharged blower I'll pop up and proudly tow it to the water ! :)
Next Summer here we come!!
cheers
Peter

Wow!!!!

So glad to see you've done it. That is the sweetest thing I've seen in a boat.

I turned the epicmarine guys back on to this thread. GREAT JOB!!!

Joel, have you had any trouble with the oxygen sensor mounted near the water injection in the exhaust pipes. I stuffed a brand new Motec sensor in 5 minutes. Thay don't seem to like any moisture in the exhaust system.
Setup looks good!

hi there i have had no problem with my a/f sensor in the exhaust
any way how is your boat going with the blower
my boat is going real good the supercharger is so good there is so much power
i reconnend for you all out there that if you are thinking of supercharging
to do it
gaz im sorry about your manifold i will finish it soon

to pete scott i just read the page on planetsoarer about my project i really thank you for that it looks real good you put a lot of work into it so thanks

Supercharger mass production manifold

Jordy

If you cast the manifold with a blank top, people could carefully machine their own top hole to suit the different versions of eaton m90 and 112's. Alternatively, they could weld the top plate on later after machining it to suit (any machine shop could weld it). The bottom is the tricky part I would think?

Love your work - very sweet!

Eddy

edz,

I have thought about this too.. I think the injector mounts would need to be machined after casting as well. Jordy, any thoughts? Would you be willing to go down this road?

Hello there

i used just standed alum for the manifold because it welds good if you want to use
high tensile like t6 its a big risk for the welds to crack
when i welded the billet alum to the cast manifold i use a cast filler wire Procus 5-4043
it also helps for the cast not to crack when it cools down after welding
i have got the boat motor running a 13.4 PSI and it going really well there is so much power hopfully in a month i will be putting the motor on the engine dyno
to see how much power it makes it will be intresting will keep you all posted

Alloy Quality!

Miles B said:
Dunno jordy... aluminium isn't completely corrosion proof.. Apparently if you run an al radiator with straight water, it eventually leaks. I left my al framed motorbike in the courtyard of my house while i went overseas for a couple months over winter. Came back and the parts of the frame with less anodising had developed white furry crap. Took ages to polish it out. I always used to think al was rust proof, but apparently when wet it can corrode. Alls I'm saying is, maybe check with an intercooler shop - they'd know if it was a problem - I'm sure they've done boats before. You know.. ounce of prevention deal..
Was it a Suzuki ? Uses cheaper quality alloy!. Alloy quality Honda 1, Yamaha 2, Kawasaki 3 and Suzuki way behind in 4!!!!
Rich :)