fabricating for supercharger

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
thanks 400zed im sorry i got it on you but im sure they will come up with 1 soon. dont worry every 1 the intercoolers will be fine.
I look at ebay every 2nd day at least just to see what is there.
there are some good superchargers that go for good $

Dunno jordy... aluminium isn't completely corrosion proof.. Apparently if you run an al radiator with straight water, it eventually leaks. I left my al framed motorbike in the courtyard of my house while i went overseas for a couple months over winter. Came back and the parts of the frame with less anodising had developed white furry crap. Took ages to polish it out. I always used to think al was rust proof, but apparently when wet it can corrode. Alls I'm saying is, maybe check with an intercooler shop - they'd know if it was a problem - I'm sure they've done boats before. You know.. ounce of prevention deal..

wooHoo! I am so glad you got one Jordy! I was hoping you would get it. Bloody fantastic!

That pulley is 3 inches - around 10 psi - you'll have endless cool water - much better than my Soarer.

My blower may sit in a slightly different position to you - my 1UZ-FE has two crank pulleys - one for suspension, and and extra one bolted on in front for the alternator and aircond and supercharger.

I was looking at a Jag two days ago - they must have a flexible drive to poke between the charger and the intercooler to undo bolts for intercooler. It's very tight between the supercharger body and the fuel rails. The thermstat housing gets in the way as well - talk to you more later.

Anyway good luck - look forward to seeing how it works out.
cheers
Peter Scott

Ph (08) 846 36941

[email protected]

Fax (08) 846 36930

Miles B does have a point for very little effort you could ask someone with experience.
if it were me i would flush it after use
will be nice

In my boat, I am running raw riverwater through my engine to cool it. I don't use a heat exchanger at all. I figured that a heat exchanger is dearer than a new (wrecker 2nd hand) engine so am willing to see how long it goes before electrolysis gets it! With an intercooler, the thickness of the aluminium is much thinner than my engine block, but many race boats run raw water through their intercoolers - very common. If you were concerned you could pressure test it every few months to check it is not leaking, as electrolysis only starts as a pin hole and if it was leaking for a short while, you probably wouldn't do any harm, and could replace it before it gets too bad. Personally I would happily run raw water in my own intercooler, but I will have to keep dreaming of having one for now..........

There ya go :)
As I said, I wasn't sure, just throwing it out there...

Just thinking it would be easy to make an exchanger out of copper pipe or something. Probably testing them now and then isn't a bad idea - maybe make sure the water doesn't sit in there too? I dunno how easy it would be to get those fixed if they did leak? I'd hate to see the Jag parts prices! But if people are doing it with good results, that's good enough for me :)

i am going to run river water threw my intercoolers so thanks for your advice
i will be treating the intercooler cores
if an intercooler gets a hole in it the last thing i would do i bye another 1 from jag

Here are some photos of the jaguar supercharger and intercoolers fitted to my 1uzfe V8. These photos show the dummy assembly, there will be a lot more fabrication to do to finish the job.

I milled the manifolds out of a billet piece of aluminium flat and formed the aluminium tube to fit up into the intercoolers. I also had to use Rochester fuel injectors (450cc) and make my own fuel rails. Will have some more pictures soon.

hi there Rod

it has been a mission to fit this supercharger its only half finished
i still have to make up the throttle body adaptor, bypass valve
i have not made up my mind about the rear water bridge i will see how the
throttle body fitts but if i cant use it, it wont be a problem to make up a flexy line
i will keep you informed

Got your message JSB, I'll ring you.
Looks good - great job.
How do you bolt the intercoolers to the motor - under the fuel rail?
What is the height from the cam covers to top of the blower at the back?
Can I have some more pics with no angles - straight on shots, Horizontal side, front and rear shots too please?
I thinking if I can't get it under the bonnet of my Soarer then might as well go higher and save front water bridge. I mean if I have to cut the bonnet might as well go higher again to make job easier.
To get mine low enough the blower is getting too close to intake ports and making it real tight - and fuel rails are real close to blower as well.
Talk to you soon.
cheers
Peter

hi pete

i welded a 20mm plate to the front water bridge and picked the front 2 holes of the supercharger
to mount the back i cut the mounting bracket like you did and milled it flat and drilled and taped s steel angle line to the back of the supercharger just under the throttle body. Then welded 2 bits of s steel R.H.S to the angle and a plate at the bottom to pick up the 2 taped holes in the vee neext to the starter motor
i will get some more photos soon its all getting a 2pak paint job

how about this?

jordy could you design and build an aluminum manifold for the 2uz engine that would allow for intercooling for those of us running TRD M90 superchargers on our Tundra trucks?
If so i and many more guys with this setup would be very interested in purchasing them.