extra boost almost defeated itself

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

glenhaven

This is what I have done to my 2003 Tundra

I now have 360.2 power output.

TRD Supercharger & TRD Boost Gauge | Unichip | Supra Twin Turbo Fuel Pump | ASP Overdrive Crank Pulley (9+psi) | IPT Valvebody Calibration | MagnaFlow Muffler (tuned single exhaust) | Denso Iridium IK22 Spark Plugs

I really feel that I need an inter-cooler, water-injection, air to air, methanol? Not sure of all my options –

After I had my truck dyno tuned (for the unichip, the pulley, and the fuel pump) they suggested that I run 95+ octane fuel in my truck for map B (farthest advanced timing). I use Klotz Octane booster – works great.

My personal experience is that if I run lower octane fuel (while on map B), I cannot feel the difference from map A. It seems like the pulley with the extra boost almost defeated itself because of the increased heat.

So, I want to cool down the air. I guess – what is your opinion – they say cooling down the air will increase the life of the engine = any suggestions = I found a Methanol system that looks like the right idea – however, someone said that it gums up everything or there is some problem =

Any advice would be awesome – the truck runs good, however, it feels like there is a little more power it wants to push out.

I know this is a ridiculous ides so please don’t flame me – here goes, take it easy on me ………………………..

Is there any way to run cold air from the air conditioning unit into the air filer box to cool down the air being sucked in? Heck I am getting more AC power from the overdrive pulley and it is way cold –

Thanks glen

Sequential Methanol Injection System

I am thinking about this -- any suggestions -- ASAP

Sequential Methanol Injection System

Price: $499.00
rnddot.gif
rnddot.gif

100+ psi Methanol Injection System to supplement stock fuel systems with extra fuel while dramatically dropping intake air temperatures as well as lowering combustion and exhaust temperatures. Tuneable and adjustable.

Our new Methanol Injection System is the perfect addition to any turbocharger or supercharger system. It senses the needs of the fuel system based on throttle position, load, boost levels,oxygen levels, air flow, and rpms just like the OEM computer does. The system is completely adjustable and is easily tailored to fit the needs of your engine. The benefits of methanol are many:
  • Burns clean
  • Drops intake temps
  • Drops combustion temps
  • Raises Octane rating
  • Lowers exhaust temps
  • Prevents detonation
  • Economical to run
  • Allows for use of stock injectors and fuel system

Very nice.... and nice to see more Tundra people in here. You can do either one. The set up is the same. I have a DIY methanol injection somewhere in this site. Look around. You can make it less than $150.

The air cond system won't work as you hoped - it cannot hope to keep up with the cooling requiring during peak periods. It will help if it is able to "bank" some "cooling" during off-peak periods. This can be done by using a water/air intercooler and routing the coolant through a large enough tank that is cooled by the air cond. The air cond can continuously cool the water so that when you really need it there is enough "cooling capacity" stored in the water to make a difference. An expensive option.

Methanol is an alcohol (Synonyms: Wood alcohol; Methyl alcohol; carbinol) but is poisonous and caustic so any materials that it comes in contact with need to be chemical resistant (Incompatibilities:
Strong oxidizing agents such as nitrates, perchlorates or sulfuric acid. Will attack some forms of plastics, rubber, and coatings. May react with metallic aluminum and generate hydrogen gas.)

As far as cooling the charge it is effective and increases the relative octane.

You should try a water/alcohol mix.

Another strong recomendation... buy some headers. The stock manifolds are bad enough for the unboosted airflow but with a supercharger they are abominable. Easy power there.

I asked my friend what he thought about methanol injection and he told me he knows for a fact that on smaller eaton superchargers that methonal has been known to ruin the sealed bearings inside the units- he also said there are problems with methanol eating away the aluminum parts inside the intake (turns the aluminum surface to ash, then it flakes off)

any comments?

how about this kit?

Aquamist 2d Water Injection Kit
UNDERDOG RACING DEVELOPMENT Suggests Water Injection For Your Next Supercharger Performance Upgrade

Benefits:

Significantly reduce supercharger discharge temperatures
Reduce heat soak
Reduce EGT’s
Increase Torque and Horsepower
Further Increase Torque and Horsepower potential
Extend the service life of the supercharger and engine
The TRD modified roots supercharger heats the intake air as it compressed and passed through the supercharger. Heat greatly reduces power and increases potential for spark knock and detonation.

With the UNDERDOG water injection kit you can dramatically reduce the compressor discharge temperatures (CDTs). The result is a denser air/fuel charge entering the cylinders. More safe power can be developed.

Our ‘96 4Runner test vehicle with a TRD Supercharger has been equipped with a CDT gauge. With the stock pulley, we were seeing discharge temps as high as 220 degrees on hot days. We will let you guess what they were with smaller pulleys.

Our kit uses well proven Aquamist components. Aquamist has long been regarded as the best manufacturer of high-end water injection systems. The URD kit is a variation of an Aquamist 2-D system.

Three different water nozzles are shipped with every kit. Using the smallest (.8mm) nozzle that comes in our kit, we are seeing a 55-60 degree reduction in CDTs which is significant. We also feel a noticeable power increase.

The kit uses a single nozzle that injects the water (or water/methanol solution in cold weather) just behind the throttle body. The fluid is completely vaporized as it absorbs the heat of the compression process in the supercharger.

The system taps into the fuel injection system and uses ECU signals that drive the fuel injectors to cycle the high-speed valve similar to a fuel injector. The amount of water injected is user controlled by changing nozzle sizes. The activation point is user controlled with an adjustable boost pressure switch that is included with the UNDERDOG RACING DEVELOPMENT kit.

In the test truck we are using the windshield washer tank as the water supply tank. You can install a separate tank if you wish. The recommended solutions are distilled water in warm climates and a solution of water and methanol in climates with freezing conditions.

The system is very simple to install and does not require any maintenance other then filling the water tank.

The major components contained in the URD Water Injection Kit are:

Magnetic piston pump; Aquamist race version
Power relay; for independent switching
Water jets; 0.8mm, 0.9mm, and 1.0mm
Valve; Stainless steel high speed
Single channel manifold for high speed valve
Adjustable pressure switch; 3 – 30 psi
Mounting bracket
FIA2; fuel injection amplifier kit
Hoses; cut to length for your Toyota
Filter; Inline 100 micron stainless steel
Fittings and clamps; specific to application
Instructions Aquamist (wiring diagram) & UNDERDOG RACING DEVELOPMENT supplied specific instructions - Note: Although install instructions were based on a 3.4 V6, instructions are suitable for all TRD supercharged Toyotas. Please ask us any questions you may have.

I have brought a kit for my Lexus and installed and ran with it. One thing i learned is that safety is very important. Check out their kits and determine what type of material, connectors, lines and chemical resistance. Beside water, other chemicals are harmful and flammable. I suggest u carefully exam the kit.

Personally, i like to make it myself. I use steel or brass fittings with stainless steel braided lines to ensure NO LEAK!

Have consider a CO2 spray? Its almost harmless and street legal. Use qaulity parts so u dont have to do it twice.

which one did you get

Lextreme said:
I have brought a kit for my Lexus and installed and ran with it. One thing i learned is that safety is very important. Check out their kits and determine what type of material, connectors, lines and chemical resistance. Beside water, other chemicals are harmful and flammable. I suggest u carefully exam the kit.

Personally, i like to make it myself. I use steel or brass fittings with stainless steel braided lines to ensure NO LEAK!

Have consider a CO2 spray? Its almost harmless and street legal. Use qaulity parts so u dont have to do it twice.
water or meth

Windscreen washer fluid is alcohol based and in the correct concentrations with water can give you an improvement and not cause internal damage.

Since you really don't need extra fuel, I would recommend water injection. There are a lot of kits out there, aquamist being one of them. Also look at the turbo buick sites. They have been doing water injection for a long time.