Extra high Extra long (Jumbo Hiace)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Before

Couple of photos at the beginning of the job.

We had just fitted the 4 pot calipers , big rotors and bendix ultimate pads. They even fitted under the 16 inch wheels.

Before the motor was dropped out I check the wiring of the water and oil senders , the main relay trigger and power supplies to the motor and ECU.

The Owner priced up the job many months ago and when the 1kz-te was overheated the decision was made to go ahead with the job.

All the running gear was to come out of my own personal van which was written off a few years ago. I had a big van manual box behind the 1uz along with all the cooling system, custom headers etc in my one.

More info to follow

Attachments

• september stuff - lextreme gregs van.jpg
    september stuff - lextreme gregs van.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 30
Before the motor was fitted we gave it a tidy up. Heads came off , new stem seals and top end gasket set with new head bolts. The motor had been sitting for a couple of years so I wanted to know it was good. Stem seals where very hard. New cambelt , rotors , leadset, injector seal etc. Once this was done and the motor was all clean it had a new loom made for the G4 storm. Photos also show the modified throttle body and plenuim to give clearence in the van
For this one I ran all the wiring down the centre of the plenium with it branching out to the injectors. Looks really good , pity that it wont be seen as its in a van.
Oil filter setup was cleaned. I built this a few years ago using a crown setup. We make them a bit different now but this one is still good.
The gearbox, which is a big 1kz-te box with an adaptor was cleaned and the custom headers where wrapped again before assembly. Top radiator was swapped over. These vans both had the twin radiator setup with the main radiator vertical and a second one laying flat with the a/c radiator.

Attachments

• september stuff - lextreme 324.jpg
    september stuff - lextreme 324.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 23
  • september stuff - lextreme 322.jpg
    september stuff - lextreme 322.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 21
  • september stuff - lextreme 321.jpg
    september stuff - lextreme 321.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 17
  • september stuff - lextreme 323.jpg
    september stuff - lextreme 323.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 19
  • september stuff - lextreme 376.jpg
    september stuff - lextreme 376.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 17
  • september stuff - lextreme 377.jpg
    september stuff - lextreme 377.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 18
  • september stuff - lextreme 386.jpg
    september stuff - lextreme 386.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 18
  • september stuff - lextreme 387.jpg
    september stuff - lextreme 387.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 23
Once all the prep on the floor was done the motor was fitted into the van. We leave the motor on the engine stand , turn it sideways without the powersteer pump on and lower the van. The motor is leveled up once the tappet covers are past the chassis rails , the cross member is fitted and bolted up. Box is then slipped behind and onto the factory mount.
We then connected the powersteer and p/s cooler , radiator hoses , wired , extended driveshaft and fitted hoops , header on with front pipe with collector then new tail pipe. Intank fuel pump had already been done so fuel filter and hoses where changed to EFI gear. Link storm was then fitted to the LH pillar (stock ecu postion) and connected to van wiring using factory EFI relay and main relay. Fan , tacho and speedo are all controled by the link. This allows calibration if the diff ratio is ever changed. As the van was an auto the clutch master was fitted under the dash with the related hoses and brackets. Clutch slave was fitted and clutch bleed up. One of my yound techs did the clutch and im not sure how he got the steel pipe in that rans behind the fuse box. I removed the dash and fuse box when I removed it from the donor yet be slipped in in with the dash and fuse box fitted. Glad I got him to do it
Oil and water in and motor started with tune loaded. The owner purchased new mags so these where fitted and the final tidyup with seats etc fitted.
Van was down to cert and then onto our dyno. Made 180rwKW which is plenty for a big van. A/c is getting done and its back to the owner as a trade mans van.
The end product came out really well and im really proud of the whole job.

Attachments

• september stuff - lextreme 464.jpg
    september stuff - lextreme 464.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 22
  • september stuff - lextreme 469.jpg
    september stuff - lextreme 469.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 21
  • september stuff - lextreme 474.jpg
    september stuff - lextreme 474.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 19
  • september stuff - lextreme 498.jpg
    september stuff - lextreme 498.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 19
  • september stuff - lextreme 494.jpg
    september stuff - lextreme 494.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 16
  • september stuff - lextreme 497.jpg
    september stuff - lextreme 497.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 20
Very nice looking install, Kelvin!

Wouldn't want to work on it, but most vans are that way anyway. Sometimes it's just easier to drop the engine than to fight the confined space.