Extra Injector

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
I am almost done with my little supercharged project. However, fuel is a major concern and I would like to retain all OEM function and luxury maner of the flag ship.

Thanks to Rob Welsh from www.boostedtundras.com who helped me made a custom injector boss for this application. Thanks Rob! Anyway, you will see some pictures below. However, this is how its going to work. This extra injector going to work similar to NOS nozzle style. The goal is to make sure cylinders get the proper amount of fuel.

Picture # 1: This is the special injector Rob made for me. This boss will be drill 8 (1/8") holes and this will be welded right on to the Richwood manifold. The boss will come from the bottom of the manifold up and 8 equal length individual stainless steel tubings will directly place right into the opening of the cylinders. This setup ensure every cylinder get exact amount of fuel.

Picture # 2: I got a great on the Split Second AIC with extra injector control along with water injection control too. I will be using one 1600 cc as the water injection. That way, I can control the amount of spray and when.

Picture # 3: The injectors are in the bosses and ready to go.

Picture # 4: These are 1600 cc Bosch injectors. One is for fuel and one is for water.

Picture # 5: I got 4 stainless steel tubes from a local aerospace surplace store and they gave them to me for a buck each. I chopped then into half and now I have eight. They all will be equal lenght so some will have bends when install.

The goal is to create a direct injection of fuel into the cylinder so all cylinders get proper amount of fuel. This has major advantage over ONE injector type of spray. Eventhough this setup is only ONE injector, but from one it goes to 8 and the fuel is directly deposited right into the cylinder. By the way, I have two 1600 cc for sale too. I got 4 and only need two. Please check classified.

Lex,

Excuse my ignorance, but how will the fuel being sprayed into this fuel distribution system get to the correct cylinder at the correct time. Wont it just be pushing fuel out all 8 outlets at once. Hence, fuel will be sitting around (split seconds here) waiting for the valve to open ??? I dont mean to question what you are doing, but just want to understand what you are doing for my own knowledge.

Thanks, Kev

Kev,

It sounds cofusing now and its hard to draw a picture with words. Here is something I found for NOS application.

hdrp_0504_03_z+blown_and_sprayed_ZZ454_dyno+NOS_supercharger_nitrous_system.jpg

My setup will be lot different but similar idea. My setup will be from bottom up and inside out.

Lex..
How you want to activate the injector controller .. I mean under WOT or starting from certain RPM ?
I think Kev mean that you are installing the 8th pipes to simulate the EFI and get exact amount of fuel in the proper time . but you are feeding the cylinder while the valve is closed .. right