Extra Injector

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Hello All,

In order to add an extra injector into the current 1uzfe fuel system. What do i have to do in order to physically connect it, supply fuel to it and control it.

I have seen this on a friends car and he routed a T section off the fuel supply and controlled it a aftermarket ECU, but I am POSITIVE there is extra injector controllers on the market.

A T piece from the fule line should do for the fule side.

Electrically the ECU injector outputs want to see 6.9ohms (two 13.8ohm injectors in parrallel). You could add resistors to give this impedance for the ECU to drive, but it will mean that the injectors aren't getting as much currrent as they should and will therefore not open as quickly as they should. This would give less fuel to that cylinder. You are better off using a dedicated controller for the extra injectors.

Kdog,

What about if I use low impedance injector like 3.8 along with a low ohm resistor. If think if i am using the extra injector controlling by the stock ecu... than i am constantly running 9 injectors. That could be a problem at idle.....

Possibly a dumb question, but could you use the cold start injector as a 9th injector? I realise it'd only be running at full load, and wouldn't need to be switching on/off that fast (ie. would probably be constant).

How much fuel does the cold start injector give? ... Could this be used in conjuction with a dry NOS setup to make your own wet NOS setup?

Ok, here is my partial solution.

1. Fuel: T off the rail or fuel line
2. Mount: Anywhere in the intake area close to the air path
3. Control: splice the signal from the oem injector clip and add an pressure sensitive switch. This swith is almost like the switch used in Methonal Injection Kit. This switch will be set to certain pressure like 14 psi. Once 14 psi is hit, the pressure switch is activated and the 9th injector will be start to spray. Once the system is less than 14 psi... the 9th injector will be off.... Here is a link to my friend site. He talks about Rx7 Injectors as a mean of fuel upgrade for the Supra MKIII. The 550 cc looks very attractive or the higher flow rate secondary injectors from the Rx 7.