Extra Injector

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
I have a 1600cc injector and got a injector boss from Rob Walsh from boostedtundra.com and installed it into the Richwood supercharger manifold. I mock up the nozzle lines to feed into each cylinder for proper amount of fuel. All lines are equal lenght for better distrubution. This huge injector will be control by a split second extra injector ecu. Here are some pictures.

injection%20001.jpg
injection%20002.jpg
injection%20003.jpg
injection%20004.jpg
injection%20006.jpg
injection%20007.jpg

I will weld a piece at the end of the nozzle to hold it down to the manifold. Lock tight and proxy to hold the nozzles at the injector boss. With the extra injector operation at 100%, I should have about 441 cc/min fuel flow. That should able to support about 500 rwhp.

i'm thinking that the fuel might not be able to atomize correctly with that setup. it will just drizzle fuel into the runners.

Yeah i don't want to rain on your parade Lex but i can't see that working at all? Initially i thought this was for WI, which would be a great idea with nozzles on the end of each tub. This setup would probably work OK as a methanol injector as well. For both you would need a good high pressure pump...say 120psi

But for fuel? an injector feeding those lines can't work. The injector spray needs air flow to carry the fuel. An injector spraying into that setup will just trickle out the ends.

either you have explained in wrong Lex? or there's something else you haven't let on about? or it just isn't going to work

Have you got a pic of the other side

Justen,

You guys are right about the atomization would not be great. That is true. However, this system acts as a secondary fuel not the primary fuel. MY goal is to dump in the extra fuel at boost. The normal idling and driving will be taken care of by the stock injectors. So the atomization is not great but still does the job. I will do some flow test and see how the nozzles spray.

Well worth testing the spray pattern lex as poor or uneven will toast your motor in no time if your boosted tune relies on this secondary fuel supply.

yup - what justen said...

youre not addding fuel for the fun of it, if its needed, then its needed properly... ie in a reliable, stable spray pattern.

i dont think "atomisation" is even a word to be used in this context, it would be a dribbly garden hose

I was reading about a factory efi system that works like that set up, except it had "popet" valves and nozzles at the end of each tube. I think it was a GM vortec CPI fuel injection system. I think you should look into using popet valves as they would create an even spray patern in each runner.

Cheers

Daniel