Engineering hassles,tell me all!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

kpwemu

I am not far off converting my Mk2 Zephyr ute to a 1UZ V8 and auto to replace the current 302 Windsor and 4 speed single rail. Unfortunately, the bloke who originally engineered my ute for the Windsor has passed away. As he is no longer available, I don't know where to turn. I am open to recommendations, or warnings, as the case may be. I'm sure many of you have had hassles with engineers, so I would appreciate knowing the types of things they are strict on so that I can avoid it from the start. Even the little things. I know that laws vary from state to state, but that is important to me as well, in case one day I put the car up for sale. I would prefer to have a car that is legal in all states. I live in Victoria, Australia but would like to hear of anything that has been a sticking point as far as getting your 1UZ conversion passed. There would be nothing worse than spending months / years and a fortune, only to have an engineer knock you back. Tell me what is needed to get it passed the first time. Kevin