engine rebuild 1990-94 LS400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

toycraftusa

I am a mostly retired Toyota and VW tech of nearly 40 years, but new to the Lexus V8. Are there unique things about rebuilding the 1UZFE? For example, is it considered ok to bore the cylinders if needed? I am comparing to the early Audi V8 where the cylinders have a special coating and are not normally bored. If the cylinder bore measures ok to use standard bore rings, are there some brands of piston rings that function better and some brands that are a no-no. Howabout brands of main and rod bearings...some brands to seek out or some brands to avoid.
I notice on this site where an engine rebuild kit is available for $350...it mentions seals, gaskets etc. Do I assume the included hard parts in that kit are main and rod bearings and piston rings, or does it include more than that?
Who manufacturers that engine rebuild kit?
Any info is much appreciated by this Lexus newby.........thanks!

First of all welcome to our site. The rebuild is pretty much staight forward. As for rings you are pretty much have to stay with stock or after market if you want some performance. Looks like you just want to rebuild with oem spec. There are few after market bearings available like the Clevite and ACL. However, factory bearing is very hard to match up. It takes the block, crank and main in consideration in order to get the proper bearings.

As for the kit mentioned in our site is only a rebuilt kit. Rings and bearings are not part of this kit.

thanks for the reply. Yes, I would be rebuilding to stock oem, not going for extra performance. I asked about that rebuild kit because kits I have bought for Toyota and Ford included not just gaskets and seals, but also bearings and either rings OR pistons and rings. What puzzled me, the price of $350 is not enough for a kit that includes bearings and rings. Thanks for that clarification.
Having done several Toyota engine rebuilds, I am familiar with the number system they use to get the correct bearings etc. At the dealer we did the rebuild with that method. With my own shop I had the crank turned to whatever it needed and the rods resized...then simply used the correct bearings from Federal Mogul or whoever. Somewhat less of a hassle than the Toyota (and maybe Lexus) number system.
Thanks again for the info