EMS DualSport Wiring

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

rivmasta

Yes its true, Im a wanker. (and thats aside from the fact that I masturbate!)

Had a couple of probs firing the car. Firstly was mis-wiring the sensors using trig and +, sync and + instead of -, plus having some shielding issues. SOrted that pretty quickly when a mate pointed out that its A) not hall effect and b) an ecu is bascially an earth switching device...

Second was batched injectors.

The ECU is about 10 years old! though still works fine. Manual wasnt real clear on wiring a v8 using which injectors. In the end found that we had spark and appeared to have no fuel so I dropped 1/4 cup of fuel down the stacks and rolled it over - broom!!! stop. Did it again Broom!!! and down to a really rough idle. Found out that it was running on only 4 cylinders!

Surprisingly even with only 4 cylinders it would still start and still idle (at least after the first cough) It ran rough as guts mind you, but it shocked me that it would run!

After some pissing about with the loom at the ECU end (for a V8 useoing a dualsport use batched injectors off the 2 PrimInj wires and the 2 SecInj wires, not PrimInj and OptPrimInj) it now fires on 8 cylinders - but is really rich. Some mapping to do, but it starts, runs and makes a hell of a noise!

Thanks heaps to everyone who helped with bits and advice. Muchly, hugely appreciated!

Only the aussies will get this one but...

"I'm Excited!!!"

must admit - felt like a complete wanker when it fired. I think I may have actually slapped my forehead and said der!