electric turbo/supercharger??

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

xirforever

hey guys, i found this nifty little thing on ebay today, what do you guys think of it?

Last edited by a moderator:
xirforever,

If you look at the power draw of a conventional supercharger, up to 100HP on roadgoing applications there is no way possible to produce that much horsepower using a vehicles 12 volt system. Your car could not carry enough batteries to produce that power for even a few seconds.

You could do it with a 3 phase 415 volt electric motor but the cable to the power grid would be a little restrictive on your activities.

To make it even more efficient you could use a 12 volt blow dryer for more pressure.
Better still you would have quicker engine warm up due to the hot air being fed.

Don't get sucked in, these things are prolific on ebay and are a total scam.
I would think the only thing it does is restrict airflow.

Brett

Lextreme said:
Hey if you like, you can put a compressed air tank in your trunk and spray it like nos.
please, do not patronize me

Zuffen said:
xirforever,

If you look at the power draw of a conventional supercharger, up to 100HP on roadgoing applications there is no way possible to produce that much horsepower using a vehicles 12 volt system. Your car could not carry enough batteries to produce that power for even a few seconds.

You could do it with a 3 phase 415 volt electric motor but the cable to the power grid would be a little restrictive on your activities.

Zuffen, i think you are missing the point of the product....
First off, obviously this electric supercharger was never, ever, ment to get the HP gains of 100HP, give me a break. You simply cant compare those two on a HP gain level.
Secondly, you dont need to have a 415 volt electric motor to turn a fan fast enough to get the 2 PSI they claim it gives. You only need to have a fairly strong motor turning at a high RPM. Here its not about power, its about RPMs.

Thanks brett for your info. I can see how that product might not deliver how it claims. I mean the wires that go to that motor imply it runs at a very slow rpm, i think they claim 8k which furthermore implies a small level of amperage. What do you make of this 700 watt 908CFM electric supercharger? If they have their figures right that sounds like it would work... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ry=42604&item=7927327802&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW or http://www.electricsupercharger.com If everyone bumbards me saying im an idiot for even looking at this, that would not be very productive... so please dont.

Just trying to explore an unexplored topic on this forum,
Thanks,
Nick

i've got a better idea.
i'll sell you a pair of PC fans and a transformer for $AU500 and you can bolt them on instead.
that way, you can be duped out of your money and know it's going towards my vehicle modifications, not drugs / alcohol / loan sharks.

2.1psi? your passenger could have a hose hooked up and blow more pressure into your inlet manifold than that...

how can you sit there and defend a product like that?

there's a reason that it's an "unexplored" option. my suggestion is save your money and buy a hi flow catalytic convertor and muffler. you'll get more power and it'll sound better.

i seriously doubt your passenger friend could blow 900CFM through a tube... if he could i would bow down to him. Ill tell you what to do with your stupid PC fans, return them for some hose, hook that up to your air intake, and you and your friend can blow into that thing while driving till you both pass out. I wasnt defending the product, i was just defending myself from poeple like you from patronizing me, thanks a lot.

Go to any boating supply shop. These things are sold there under the name of a bilge blower.

a buddy of mine bought one to test the claims, along with one of those power tower throttle body spacers. he recived no performance increase whatsoever and promply returned both.

xirforever said:
I wasnt defending the product, i was just defending myself from poeple like you from patronizing me, thanks a lot.

i wasn't patronising you. i was making a point. there's a difference. gone are the days when you could say something and not be burned at the stake for offending someone...

look, i made a suggestion as a better way to spend your money. you will get more gains from the exhaust than anywhere on a stock unopened engine.

it might well flow 900cfm - but what does that mean? it flows 900cfm on a flow bench? or pumps in 900cfm? a piece of 3in pipe will flow 900cfm - will that give me more power if i stick it just after my air filter?

my point is, it only provides 2.1psi. that's so low they had to measure down to a decimal place. when does it provide 2.1psi - when the engine is on or off? the claims might be correct, but when it provides boost isn't mentioned.

more often than not, they end up being a restriction.

but, it's your money. i just thought it would better served for my purposes than buying a cupla PC fans for 3000% markup.

Work out what 3 starter motors and the blower weigh plus add the weight of the batteries required to power them and you are looking at adding perhaps 75kg (200lb) to your car.

The current draw of the starters means you have a very limited time on boost after which you need to re-charge those heavy old batteries so you can use the boost again.

Where would you fit another 3 battries in your car. The boot? Maybe leave the spare at home.

For the price you would be better off with a single turbo as you would save a heap of weight and have the boost whenever you want it.

this is the product

intro.jpg

looks a like a nice bit of engneering - but i'd hate to see the size of alternator you'd need to run it. it would have a much draw on the crankshaft as a regular supercharger!

I don't see the point in it. Why would you install that when it is just as easy to run it off the crank.

Brett

Read the reports closely. This suits engines up to 2.5 litres.

I could see a pretty crowded engine bay with two of these in there to feed a 1UZ-FE.

6 batteries in the boot and the biggest alternator you could get. I would guess you would need an alternator with a 500 watt output to re-charge that lot.

Give me some brackets and a belt anytime.

I note they say you can adapt a M90 to the kit. So you buy an M90 throw away the snout and bolt on the starters. Sounds like more work than a straight M90 on top of the engine.

Ok look at it the blower you are thinking of similar to a computer fan put your hand in front of a computer fan. go outside rev your car to 5000rpm and put your hand behind the exhaust (ok so it is hot ) that is how much air is going into the intake. It just ain't going to help it will hinder Garanteed.it can't keep up with the flow requiered it will be a restriction. the only thing it could possibley do it turn the air turbulent and mess with your atomization.
don't mean to be patronizing but i hope you havn't been sucked in. leave it on ebay for some other dolt.

With over 500 CFM, this powerful supercharger will create up to 2.1 psi - all at the flick of a switch. And even though powerful, it will not damage your engine with overwhelming pressure - no bent/broken rods, no blow-by, no detonation
(sounds pretty good hay)