electric turbo/supercharger??

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Although I toyed with the idea alot of years ago. I have the firm opinion now that the losses of an electric FI device outweigh the benifits.
I too would take a belt/exhaust driven any day !

I have a length of pool hose hooked up to my intake and it runs into the cab. When I want to go faster I blow in the end.

I reckon it is good for an extra 230rwhp! You can have it for $125.00 plus freight.

For another $125.00 I can give you a second hose so the passenger can assist.

If that sounds attractive I have a nice (grey) bridge shaped like a coathanger for sale.

This device, superchager is too strong a word, is a method to separate people from their money whilst giving them little or no return.

2.1lb boost whoopee!

Rod

Even better, why don't you hook the pipe up to the exhaust. That way the engine will be totally environmentally friendly. It will just recirculate emmissions.

Joel

Haven't heard from you for a while. Have you got the boat in the water yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
yes you shure should pattent that.

You guys are too hard on these electric s/c guys.I'm shure they put out 2.1psi of boost into the intake tube with the throttle plates shut and the engine shut off.
The electric supercharger is one of those why didn't I think of that. Go to a boating supply store but 200 of these for $6 and sell them in the back of HOT import Mag for $49 in a fancy new box. I know it doesn't work you know it doesn't work, but my girlfriends kid brother doesn't and thats all that matters to them.
Blaine

xirforever said:
Thanks Cobra, i dont want one tho, you said before its basically crap so thats good enough for me.
I actually thought about the electric turbo for at least 6 years from now, which is even before those guys on Ebay had it. I've tried and failed for the result, but I recently had an idea that instead of putting the electric turbo inline with the intake pipe, make it slightly like the letter Y with 1 straight pipe and the other is from an 30 degree angle. That way, the air still comes in directly to the throttly body even some pressure will be dropped, but no restriction. However, the air from the E. turbo will blow in as the secondary source of air. I haven't tried this way, but I hope it'll work. I don't need no freaking patent on this idea.

One thing on this subject that did raise a thought...

There are a few electric cars around now. I saw an article in the IEEE magazine a few weeks ago. It was made by Japanese college students. The car had 8 wheels, each with an 80hp motor. The car could do over 200mph. What intrigued me was, it was all on batteries, and each motor was apparently small enough to be attached to a wheel. I still don't think the instant-boost benefit would outweigh (!) the weight penalty, but it's interesting.

Guys, that is a piece of trash...,but it IS possible to create an electric supercharger that works . I know because I have done it. You have to overcome the following obstacles....a big enough turbo to flow the air, a motor powerful enough AND fast enough to spin a massive turbocharger at a speed fast enough to produce at least 400-500hp (on a turbo map you will see that this requires rpm speed capability of 50-70K), a speed controller to control this motor, a battery bank that will produce enough amperage and voltage for said ESC/motor combo, the means to charge the bank from your alternator, and the ability to turn this much voltage/amperage on and off from the cockpit of your car. I have successfully done all of these things but I will tell you that with the money I spent it was about 3,000 dollars NOT $140. If you don't believe me, check the pics in my own post.