EFI surge tanks

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

webbie

Ok, does anybody know who sells efi external surge tanks in Australia, preferably in Brisbane area?

I have searched for about an hour on the web and cant find anybody who sells at a reasonable price. By reasonable i mean I dont need it polished or with anodised fittings ect.

I can get one made, but manufactures charge alot for one off items, hence the reason that I would like to buy a generic if I can.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

keep an eye on the trading post sorry i sold one last week for $75
but i found that in the tradie a couple of years ago.

Just curious what an "EFI surge tank" is? Is it a coolant surge tank, a crankcase oil/air separator, or something different?John

A surge tank is intended to be a small reservoir of fuel that is contained in a small diameter tank so it does not suffer "surge" when a vehicle accelarates or goes around a corner.

The usual set up is to run a high volume low pressure lift pump to shift the fuel fron the bottom of the fuel tank into the Surge tank. A high pressure EFI pump then sends the fuel to the engine.

The engine return line runs to the surge tank with an overflow to the main fuel tank.

Essentially it is designed to stop the EFI pump running out of fuel and destrying itself and also to ensure continuity of fuel to the injectors which in turn stops the engine running lean and going BANG!.

Cheers Rod, that's an idea that hasn't caught on over here yet. At least not with the "occasional racer" Supra crowd. Too, our Supra tanks have a separate chamber to combat fuel pump starvation during hard cornering.

John

Thanks for that, will buy the trading post on thurs when it comes out. It was a thought, but these people must buy them from somewhere? (Or are most of them manufactured?)

Too, our Supra tanks have a separate chamber to combat fuel pump starvation during hard cornering.
In my case, I am going from a diesel to a petrol injected motor, hence the need for a surge tank. The most common place for this is when a swap from a carby motor to a fuel injected motor is done. EFI pumps also dont like running out of fuel either - tend to eat themselves up!

any performance workshop will have these on their shelves.... you could also buy an import mag as they have hundreds of adds (useful) in them.....

nearly all drift cars use surge tanks as they spend most of their track time sideways.... my supra also has a pretty good baffle system that takes away the need for a surge tank, though my sprinter (before it died) had one.... i used it for the ease of fitting twin fuel pumps and also because i converted a carby to efi....