Disappointed Dyno

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
toysrme: my friend have smt-6 for fuel and timing in na/t supra mk4, he claims work well. and it is cheap.

not all smt 7 want work with toyota ignition, that sold in europe not, i heard that in South Africa is some ver of smt 7 that work with toyota ign as smt 6

SMt7 has been reprogrammed to work on toyota signals, i sent them a sample and now everything should work fine.

The 1uz has a disti anyway so all disti signals have been programmed since day one.

i wonder if there are any tuners that offer a program to tune the factory lexus ecu, i know that is what they do with the ls1, companies such as ls1edit, efi live , and i think another. Of course, our ecu may not be programable, i don't know. Anyhow, i think this original ecu tunining eliminates problems such as with transition from closed loop and open loop tuning and other tuning issues, like an ecu tuning out a piggyback.

Toyota has a read only memory system this makes it UNABLE to be tuned unless you get a proper tech tom rom tune software and make daughter boards for the units to replacfe the ROM.

WDoherty, our ecu is not programable. I showed it to my friend that run company that modyfi ecus from turbodiesels (and another cars too). He look inside and tell me that there is no single eprom, program sit in microprocessor and it is very very very hard to read that program edit it and next program it again into ecu.

WeasyS2S:
can you tell me what version smt7 can work with toyota as smt6?

All the versions...they have a new flash update that you have to do when you buy them.
Thats whats great about the smt7 you can always flash update the unit when a new revision comes out.

so I just can buy smt 7 and take newer version of its software from internet and "write" it to the unit and it will be newer version? yes?
Do you think smt7 can control stock strange 1UZFE ingnition system? (two ingnitors, two distributor for 4 cylinders each one)

it is possible with smt7 replace stock MAF to MAP for cancel karman vortech mass air flow sensor?

thanks
Jerry

Yes the SMT7 will do the 1uz units, there should be a wiring diagram coming out for it.

no you cannot remove the KV AFM....of course yet :)

I am working on that one...

for the tundra i would advise using the smt6 unless you want to turbo it and go nuts with the engine.

I really want to work on a tundra around here but nobody wants to "tune" it :) Damn

but yes they will, the tundra uses the same Distiless system as the tacoma 3.4L (like all other disti less toyota engines) so the programmed code i sent to Perfect Power has corrected any problems there once was with the smt7.

I am working on getting some money together to splurge on myself and put the smt7 back into my tacoma to play around with it more. The last one was stolen from my truck so that hurt.

let me know what your plans are and i can go from there.

David has made a thread in the FIAT section here with the smt7's so ask away!

Going nuts with the engine

Johnny,

Definitely going nuts with the engine....www.lextreme.com/tundra.html pertains. Short version is forged everything, supercharged, turbocharged, nitroused, methanol injection, etc. Any info on pin in/out to the ecu would be very valuable and greatly appreciated. Many thanks for the info.

Wayne

yep i can provide you with a full out wiring diagram for you i just need to get access to some BGB wiring diagrams for the ecu.

So you are twincharging the engine? Hehe joining me! I am also in the works of twincharging the tacoma.

The smt6 will still do the job, the smt7's advantages are as follows tho in this case:
You can take control of the afr in low boost/no boost conditions by using the wideband afr control built into it this pritty mcuh takes over the stock ecu's control of closed/open loop control so that way you dont have a issue at half throttle when the stock ecu normaly sits in closed loop at 14.7:1....which of course would cause some damage when your still pushing 10psi into the engine.

Are you interesting in cams for that engine too? I can help you with that as well.
Fire me a email

well **** after reading what you are doing there....

I would strongly advise you to step away from piggybacks....standalone is something you might want to be interested in to protect that investment!