Daytona Prototype 4.3 V8

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Hydraulic Fan Pump

Hi Guys,
Does anyone know how to build a dry sump setup, just a silly thought, could that unused fan pump run a dry sump, seems to run at 300+++ psi and large volume , with a bit of plumbing could it suck the oil out of the sump to a resivour to run some sort of dry sump, seems a waste to leave it there doing nothing.
Turboteener what is your mid engine going to be.
Regards
lambo

FOr a dry sump system you should run an external three-five stage. The only way you can really get the benefit is to have multiple scavenging stages to pull oil out of the rocker boxes/valve covers and the oil pan. Then use a pressure stage to direct it where needed. You will be looking at a 12-16 quart oil system. It will make HP and will keep your engine alive in an endurance racing situation.

My engine is going in a tube frame race car. The body started life as a 914. Not a whole lot left though.

Attachments

• 6 May 04 (1)small.jpg
    6 May 04 (1)small.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 222
Dry sumps are available from Pete at QCA in Queensland Australia. I'm quite sure he would ship to the States.

Look him up in the memberlist and send him a PM/email.

Dry Sump

Thanks Turboteener,and Zuffen for the info any sites you could suggest that may help, also what sort of gearbox/transaxle are you using, i'm going with a Audi 016, have heaps of info if needed.
Regards
Lambo

I am going to use a 901 for the time being. If it will last through the Hill climb and drivers school, I will be upgrading to a mendolla or an X-trac if I can find one for a reasonable price.