Daytona Prototype 4.3 V8

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Gs3blk2k1

i went to the Los Angeles Auto Show this year and i found this.
pretty cool. i took these pics because i knew lextreme would like them.

The inlet and trhottle body are part of the way the sanctioning body evens the playing field when you have six different engine manufacturers with different displacements, redlines and torque curves.

For what its worth the Lexus powered cars all finished the 24 hour race at Daytona this past weekend in running condition, with 4 of the 6 cars finishing 4 thru 7.

Steve-O

What did they do with the water pump? That is an external dry sump oil pump. Required to make that kind of HP. Any idea what the drive gears for the cams are from?

Water pump is still there.
Those cam gears look like factory 3uzfe vvti ones to me, but I could be wrong.

Either way, nice.

Attachments

• engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 314
  • overheadview.JPG
    overheadview.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 283
  • sideview.JPG
    sideview.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 295
I've been looking at those engines lately, interesting specs: max rpm 8100; porting allowed(max intake runner volume 139cc); max camshaft 260 degree/.478 lift.;4X1.875 throttle plates.
Most all of the other engines used are only allowed to use the stock porting, most have lower rpm limits as well.
Go to www.grand-am.com , and look at the engine list for more details.

On my 1UZ it looks like the water pump is driven by the serpentine belt, not the timing belt? Is the water pump the center pulley on the timing belt in the above pictures?

I looked at the rules also. Most of the engines are bigger though.

Interesting. Some sanctions require that they make their engines and parts publicly available. I wonder if this racing body requires that. Might be another resource.

Forgive my ignorance, Hydraulic fan?

If the parts are publiclly available then maybe I can get some of them to use in my race car? Wonder where you can get them?

Turboteener,

Some 1UZ's have a viscous fan assembly, just like most modern cars.

Other versuions have a small hydraulic pump hiding behind the idler pulley above and to the right of the crank pulley.

This pump drives a small hydraulic motor attached to the cooling fan. This allows the fan to be a distance away from the engine and still work.

The system is quite complicated with it's own little ECU to turn it on and off!

SC400's have this system.

Interesting. I really hadn't done anything with my motor since I picked it up. It was indeed from a SC400. So I can make this thing go away for my race car application. Good. That is one more thing off the front of the motor. When I turn it it has the drag like you get when hand turning a water pump so that is what I though it was. Guess i need to dig in further to this motor.

If this indeed a hydraulic motor I wonder what else it could be used for? Does anyone need one? I will be happy to pull it off for someone.

That is correct it does have it's own resevoir. and it makes a very Good fan just run off a temp switch like any other thermo. this thing does not suck it creates thrust.

Since my application has this engine mid mounted it will be smack up against the fire wall so anything I can remove from the front of the engine the better.